Monday, February 17, 2020

Saturday with the ladies

I did not sleep well last night, probably not enough magnesium. I woke up at 7:30 EST, but stayed in bed a little longer. I took the first supplement, washed up, then brushed and swished. I did some packing. I got on my laptop, and read e-mail. The battery ran down because the outlet wasn't working, so I plugged it in near the sink. I meditated with Oprah while Chris went down to the complimentary breakfast. I ate one of my breakfasts, then meditated again, trying to catch up. I packaged 36 hours worth of supplements so I wouldn't have to take them all with me. I put together just what I needed and packed it in the little suitcase.
A little after 11, we left the hotel. Chris went to a gas station to fill up, then he took me to Linda's house. She invited us in and we all chatted for a bit until Silvia arrived. Chris put my stuff in Silvia's car, then left.
Linda and I got in with Silvia and went yard saling, just following signs as they came up. It was a little late (being after noon), but we got some stuff, or at least I did. Then we visited several thrift shops in the area. I can't remember exactly which ones. Our last shopping stop was Hamricks. We spent a lot of time there and we each got something. Finally we stopped for supper at an excellent Mexican restaurant near the new ball field. I ordered ceviche and cactus. The cactus was better than it sounds.
After dinner, we went to the hotel where Silvia made a reservation. She showed us pics of her trip to Machu Picchu. It made me want to go. Linda told us about their cruise. I thought it might be nice if one year we all cruised to Greece together. We exchanged gifts. I let the ladies choose which set of placemats they wanted and which set of hanging towels they liked best. I put the rest aside for Mary to choose later. We stayed up late talking, and went to bed at 2.
* I know this post is late and I have some catching up to do. But they need to be published in the right order to maintain the timeline. *

No comments: