Friday, February 14, 2020

And we were so close...

I got up around 8:15. I brushed and swished. There was a card lying on my keyboard. It had nice verses and Chris had written some nice things in it. I made 4 breakfasts and made up more mixes. I put the breakfast box away and got out another box to hold the breakfasts and the supplements and such. I then turned my attention to my small suitcase. I packed it with clothing and toiletries and a massage ball, etc. Then I ate one of the breakfasts while listening to part of an interview, but it stopped after 10 minutes. I packed food from the fridge. I saw the mailman go by so I brought in the mail. There was a nice Valentine card from MaryAnne and her family. Finally, we packed the car.
Chris did the driving and I supplied the CD's from the audiobook. Traffic was quite heavy at times, but we made decent time. The signage getting onto I-20 was very confusing. I was glad I did not try to drive it myself. We stopped once to use a bathroom and Chris bought a burger and fries. I ate from the food box and took supplements mostly on schedule.
We got into Augusta around 6. But traffic backed up and we had to stop quickly. We helped the people behind us stop as well. My head snapped forward and back, and I got a headache. Chris called the police. I could see a red car behind us with a slightly crumpled hood. After a few minutes, they pulled around us and left. A man in a truck stopped on the side and braved traffic to come over to the car to tell us to pull off the road before another accident happened. Well, he was right. A minute later we heard another collision behind us, though I could not see it in the sideview mirror. We did pull off to the side. The police came, but attended the second collision first so we just sat and waited. Finally the man in the truck left. That was good because his headlights weren't helping my headache. Then the police got to us. Chris did the talking while I watched him in the sideview mirror. And then we were free to go.
We took the next exit and followed the GPS past our hotel. Then we turned around and went back to it. We checked in, then got a cart to carry all of our stuff. When we got to our room, it was very nice. One room had seating and a kitchen and the other had two beds. I thought it would be perfect for the ladies night. Silvia texted me so I told her about it and she asked if I could get a room for tomorrow. So I did. But then the other hotel would not let her out of the first reservation, so I had to cancel. Oh well, maybe next year.
I read e-mail while Chris played his game. I also used the massage ball on my shoulders and back and legs. Then we watched one episode of Call the Midwife. We lost an hour due to changing time zones, so watching a second episode would have gone very late. Usually we connect Chris' laptop to the TV, but it didn't work tonight so we used mine. Afterward, I wrote up my blog post and took supplements, while Chris played his game. Hopefully we will be asleep soon.
* This is Chris, in the sideview mirror, talking to the police man. *

No comments: