Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Lost!

We got up really early, hoping to get to Huntsville by noon so I could go to quilting. He got up when the alarm went off. I stayed in bed a little longer. When I got up, he was playing a game on his laptop. I took the first supplement, then brushed and swished. I got dressed. I organized my stuff and packed my suitcase and all the food boxes. Then I was waiting on Chris. He shut down his computer and went to get a cart. It did not have the hooks that the ones at Ecco Suites have. I packed up my laptop and loaded the cart. Chris finished packing and I took a last look around to make sure nothing was left behind. We rolled the cart to the elevator, and then out to the lobby. At one point, one of the food boxes fell off and the contents fell out. Chris picked it up and the bananas, oranges, peppers, etc. When he moved the cart, I spied another banana that got left behind and I grabbed it.
We loaded the contents of the cart into Chris' car. It was dreary and overcast. I started the next CD of the book on tape. Chris got us onto I-20 and we were on our way home. The story was interesting, but I was sleep-deprived and dozed off, probably more than once. When we were close to the base, I rooted through my purse for my ID, but it wasn't there. I didn't worry because it was probably in my suitcase or one of the gift bags. The guard took Chris' word that I was his wife, and let us go through the gate.
When we got home, we unloaded the car. I looked through all my stuff, but could not find my little black pouch which held my ID, driver's license, credit card, health insurance card, and keys to the house and mail box. Now, I was worried. And Chris was upset. I needed him to be supportive rather than angry and judgmental and I told him so. But I guess he just couldn't do it. I called the two hotels. One said they did not have it and the other said the rooms were still being cleaned. I called Cracker Barrel and Red Lobster also and they did not have it.
I checked my e-mail and there was one from Netflix saying they were having trouble charging my account. That made sense since we got new credit cards last week. So I clicked the link to update our account and entered the new info. But, when they asked for my SSN, it struck me as odd and I did not do that. The page told me it was required, but then moved to the login page anyway and I was able to see what shows we had watched recently. I tried accessing the site without the link and the page names were a little different. I called Netflix and asked if my account info had been update and she said no. So I had been phished! She asked me to change my password and forward the offending e-mail. Chris called the credit card company to cancel our cards. The lady was a little hard to understand and Chris was very brusque with her. I felt badly for her and took over the call.
Afterward, I suggested we cancel the card that was in my black pouch and he said no because he needed it to buy groceries. I applied online for a new driver's license. Just before I hit ENTER, it occurred to me that the original one will show up as soon as I pay for the new one. So I hit ENTER, and printed out the new 30 day temp one. Then Chris suggested I call the hotel again. This time they said they found it, so I asked them to send it overnight and they agreed, asking me to send an e-mail authorizing them to use our credit card for the postage.
I needed to get away from Chris (even though he was going grocery shopping). I called Stacy first, but she didn't answer so I texted Julia. She was ready to go. I remembered temp being 61, so I did not put a coat on. I went outside and she soon joined me. We walked all over the neighborhood because neither of us was in a hurry to go home. She gave me some advice on Celeste's situation.
When we got back, Chris was home from the grocery store. He had a bunch of flowers for me, and he'd gotten a mix of fresh berries for dessert. Chris said the hotel called, saying they had sent my pouch by Fedex and it should be here tomorrow. I put David's flowers in a smaller vase, throwing out the dried ones. Then I put Chris' flowers in the larger one. I tried to play the interview that Mike got working last night, but it wouldn't play at all, so I restarted the laptop. It still wouldn't play at all, in or out of I-Tunes, in any browser, so I powered it down and back up. Again, it would not play and the sound wasn't working. So Chris sat down and fiddled with it. He triggered some kind of major update that took a while to download and install. I was able to use it while it did whatever, but I used the old one so I could be listening to the podcast. Chris had put sweet potatoes in the oven. When they were done, I ate one. I texted with Beverly so she would know that I wasn't coming tomorrow morning (unless my pouch shows up early). Stacey texted that she could go walking at 7, but I told her I had too much catching up to do.
I made up a week's worth of practitioner supplements, but ran out of two of them. I ate salad and lamb for supper. I washed dishes, and left them to dry. We listened to more of the CD's. Chris went to bed while I published two of three missing blog posts and got started on the third. I wished I had an option on my laptop to update and go to sleep, but that wasn't there, so I chose update and shut down.
* These are the flowers Chris bought for me. *

No comments: