Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Crowned x 2

I got up a little before the alarm went off. I had little trouble getting out of bed. I took a packet of
Vitamin C, then brushed and swished. I put ingredients in the bread machine for Chris. Then I made and ate breakfast. I packed my back medicine, a lidocaine patch and vitamin C, and went to the dentist.
I had barely sat down when I was called back. The assistant left me to get a knee pillow. There was a blue rinse in a cup for me. Usually I only pretend to use it, but because my first crown got infected, I swished with the rinse. Then she got me settled in the chair. However, I asked for a Conebeam x-ray, rather than the usual ones, so I had to get up and go to that machine. I held my breath so it would get a good picture. Then I took a packet of vitamin C.
The assistant was getting me ready with nitrous when the dentist came in. She said she'd looked at the conebeam slide by slide and could find nothing wrong with my bone structure. She was pleased to see how healthy and dense it was. There were no cavitations or absesses. She gave me two shots in the back corner of my mouth, then left. I did some tapping while we waited for it to take effect. But when she came back, my tongue was numb but my lips weren't, so she gave me another shot. Again, the assistant and I waited. Then the dentist gave me a 4th shot, but in a different location. She said 10% of people have their nerve in the other location. She left again. When I thought my lips were numb, the dentist came back. She started drilling, but I was flinching from the pain. So she tried to convince me to reschedule for a session with twilight sedation. But having come so far, I did not want to start over. I insisted on finishing up, especially since she estimated the drilling at only 20 minutes. So she injected anesthesia into the gum beside tooth. She didn't think it would work because my jaw bone is so dense, but it did. She was able to trim down that tooth and I felt nothing. She started on the next one. It hurt but I could handle it just long enough for her to finish it.
After that she left, and the assistant made an impression, and then a temporary crown that covered two teeth. She kept fitting it and grinding it until I said it was ok. But I couldn't really tell because of all the numbness in my mouth. Finally, it was in and she walked me to the front desk where I paid by credit card. It was after noon when I left for home.
(I remembered a dentist years ago, drilling away at my back tooth and telling me that it didn't hurt, even though I insisted that it did. I guess he didn't know I was one of the 10%."
When I got home, I put the lidocaine patch that was on my back, on the side of my face. I had to put on a surgical mask to keep it there. I put some ozone gel on the soft tissues around the two teeth. I made my protein drink and had some bone broth. It was a lovely day, so I took a slow walk around the circle. Then I went to church to take care of the offering.
It was an easy day of counting. Afterward, I shredded half a bag of paper. Then I took the money to the bank for deposit. The teller was talking about having an infected tooth, so I told her how I cured one for myself.
When I got home, there was a package on the porch. I picked it up, and opened it. It was our new credit card. I put on Day 1 of the tapping summit and worked on the gold trim of his costume. Chris came home with packages from the post office. I finished sewing on trim, then opened the packages. They were both supplements. I had a can of organic soup for supper as well as a chicken leg. It was hard to eat because my mouth didn't want to open very wide. I was afraid to brush my teeth afterward.
One of my e-mails said my data would be deleted from the cloud a year after my last use. I checked that day in my blog, but it was missing. So I have no idea what information I stored in the cloud, or why I would have put it there. It was a Thursday, but there is no record of it, or pictures with that date. From reading the posts before and after, I concluded that I had an appointment with the chiropractor in the morning and probably did not go quilting.
I listened to Day 7 of Supplements Revealed. It ended abruptly at 8, when the next episode went live. I mixed up some vitamin water and some magnesium water and some salt water. The idea was to swish with each off and on while we watched Call the Midwife. None of them seemed to help, and the salt made it worse if comfort was the goal.
After two episodes, I took some supplements. Chris went to bed. I wrote my blog post and got myself ready, then took the last of the supplements. I decided to take it easy on the usual stretches. I brushed very lightly, then went to bed.
* I didn't take any pics today, so here is another one from the modern quilt guild meeting. *

No comments: