Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Acupuncture for plants?

I didn't take my phone to bed with me last night, so I had no idea what time it was when I got up. I brushed and swished. I made coffee and refilled the jar from the freezer. I wrote up two blog posts, and cropped my pictures from last night. Then I jotted notes for today.
I did my lymph-moving exercises, rebounded and dry-brushed. Beverly called. She told me she had volunteered me to help with a meal in April. It was not good news and I spent the rest of the day fretting about it. I did a lot of tapping and 3 meditations from Deepak. Fortified with coffee, I cleaned the bathrooms and took a shower. I picked alternative dishes, washed them, and put them where only I will look for them. Then I cleaned the kitchen and sewing area. After having taken all the supplements in order, I made breakfast, and ate it while clearing e-mail.
I started listening to a podcast, but had to pause it to go to the Korean clinic on time. Dr. Lee wanted me to help him with an e-mail, but there wasn't one like he described. Then he brought her sewing machine over and a pair of pants. It was missing a cover plate so he cut a piece of card and taped it in place. Then he went in the back and I went out to my car to get a scrap of fabric. I re-threaded the machine, rewound part of the bobbin, and put the machine through its paces. I examined the pants and saw that they needed hemming. Since the thread was white and the pants were black, I did not do the hem, but zigzagged the raw edge of one. The machine was a cheap beginner machine that did not have a stitch length regulator or a stitch width regulator. She was very happy to see that it was working again.
I brought my sickly poinsettia and she said she could help it out. He suggested using needles, ha, ha. She said she would make it better and give it back to me. He drew me a foot bath and afterwards I used the foot massage machine. Then it was almost 4, so I went home. It was not raining, so I went for a walk.
When I got home, I took the mid-afternoon supplements. William called. I am not sure which of the subjects he mentioned was the actual purpose of his call. Probably the article on 15 foods that beat cancer. I boiled a bag of something the Koreans gave me, and poured it over some shredded lamb. I also had a small salad made of sprouts. I called Dad, but Faye answered and told me more than he could have. But I had to cut it short to get to choir practice.
I went to the church. As we were all chatting, Jennifer's (the director) watch rang with a phone call from her mother to wish her a happy birthday. While her mother was listening, we all sang the song. Then we sang through the songs in our folder fairly quickly. I need a lot more work on one of them and I guess it will have to be here at home. Next Wednesday is Ash Wednesday so there will be no choir practice.
We got out a little early because the organist is sick and needed to get back to her granddaughter, also sick. I went home the long way. When I arrived, I took the 8pm supplements, and we sat down to watch two episodes of Call the Midwife. Then Chris went to bed while I stayed up to write to my blog.
* This is one of the new charity blocks. *

No comments: