Saturday, February 8, 2020

Two walks!

I got up after the 8:30 alarm. Chris stayed in bed while I started my day the usual way. I got a little worried, but he said he was just tired. I started reading e-mail and got caught up looking into something else. I can't remember what just now, probably an e-book. Chris gave me a coconut oil massage before stripping the bed to wash the sheets. I was done with breakfast by noon. I meditated with Deepak. I sat by a sunny window to read my book. It was quite chilly outside.
At 3 I decided to go for a walk. I invited Chris to join me and he surprised me by agreeing. So we walked up the hill at the back of the neighborhood and came round by the main road and then home. I tried to make conversation, but just didn't have much to say.
When we got back, we folded the laundry together. I cleared e-mail and made more vitamin water mix. Stacey called me to ask if I wanted to go walking with her. I said we could hunt for wild daffodils and she was ok with that. So I put on a coat and hunted up two trowels and a bag. She came over, and we headed toward the Space and Rocket Center side of the neighborhood. We found some daffodils which hadn't bloomed yet and we dug them up. She was also kind enough to dig up some of the peony root. It was no easy task. My cheaper trowel was ruined in the clay soil. We put our treasures in a grocery bag and walked home, talking all the way.
When we got to my house, we met my neighbor walking her two dogs. One was new and she told us about him. Then Stacey went home and I put my bag of plants in the laundry room because it was too dark to plant.
I made a big salad for supper and finished off the ham. Then I looked online for the cheapest place to order a DUTCH test. When Chris was ready to watch, I made magnesium water and sipped it while we watched two episodes of Call the Midwife. I can't get over how real they seem, often moving me to tears. Then Chris and I dressed the bed. He asked me if this was a good day, and I said I wouldn't know until I read my blog post. I took some supplements and sat down to write this blog post. Soon it will be time to get ready for bed.
* This is Chris' costume...so far. *

No comments: