Sunday, February 7, 2021

The last block

It was almost midnight when we went to bed. I was falling asleep without the headphones so I did not use them. But I woke in the night to use the restroom and had trouble going back to sleep. I did not feel like getting up in the morning, so I put it off until almost 8:30.

I started the lemon water protocol as soon as I got up. I turned on the Happylight and opened a card I got from Linda and read it over and over, wondering when C started on the path of self-destruction. She had been a pillar of the commuity, held a full-time job and took raised three kids.

I read e-mail and drank lemon water. Chris gave me a coconut oil massage and then I took a shower and got dressed for the day. I made and ate breakfast while Chris went to the commissary for a few things. Then I packed up my sewing machine and a set of fabrics for the craft plus a set of leftover strips. Chris put the sewing machine case in my trunk, then followed me to the chapel.

He carried it inside to the fellowship hall. Everything was in good order, so he left. I turned on the heat and unpacked my machine and the stuff for the valentine project. I worked on the 6th shuttle block and finished it just as Johnnie showed up. As she and I were talking, Jenni came with her snake project. So I cut strips for another project as they worked on their projects and we had a good time chatting. We packed up between 4 and 4:40. The heat turned itself off, so it was time to go.

When I got home, Chris took the machine and tote bags out of my trunk. I changed my shoes, then went outside to rake leaves because it was unseasonably warm. When I went in, I called Dad, and talked to him and to Faye. I didn't understand much of what he said.

Chris had made bean soup while I was out sewing. I ate the soup for supper. I did some research to respond to Kurt's e-mail. I read other articles and the comments. Then I helped Chris dress the bed. I made my evening drink, and we watched two episodes of Voyagers. I posted to my blog and got ready for bed.

No comments: