Wednesday, November 3, 2021

An answer to prayer

Monday

I got up around 8. I made lemon water. I mended socks and pants for Chris. I emptied the dishwasher and did a few other errands. I met Gary at his place at 8:50. But the housing people said this was the pre-inspection and not the time to sign a cleaning contract. He made another appt for Thurs and I went home.

I read e-mail for a bit, and watched air fryer videos, then I went over to Rusty's house with the Rainbow vacuum. I did the living room rug and thought it might look cleaner. I tried scrubbing some of the black grout. Around noon, I went home to get a ladder and stayed to have breakfast and read more e-mail.

After breakfast, I went back to the house. I set up the ladder, but could not get the light fixture down to clean it. Then I got a call from Mercedes who wanted me to clean her house because she is moving. So I went right over. She showed me what she had cleaned already. But what she hadn't cleaned was pretty bad. Yikes! I quoted her $400. She used to clean houses so she gave me some tips. She showed me a vacuum/shampooer that she'd bought and really liked. I took a pic of it, and then she asked if I would like to borrow it. Yes! She made an appointment with housing to check out on Wednesday afternoon. I agreed to return the machine to her then.

I took it to Rusty's house and did the livingroom rug. It did look cleaner, but the carpet did not feel wet. I called Jaime to see if she wanted to try it. I went home to get some baking soda and tools. I went back to scrubbing grout. Jaime came over. She said she has a cleaning machine just like it. It also works on bare floors, so I used it to mop up the dirty water from scrubbing the grout. Jaime got the light fixtures down and washed them. I put them back up. We scrubbed grout until I realized it was almost 6:30.

I dashed out to my car to go visit Jenni. On the way I remembered that Chris had told me to get the next season of DVD's at the library. Because they were closing soon, I dashed in to pick them up. Melissa helped me find them and said I could go without checking them out.

I drove to Jenni's house knowing I was late and she might be walking already. But no, she was at the commissary. She arrive back in about 5 minutes, then got ready to walk. We walked the usual route. Then we each went home.

I sat down to read, then whipped up a batch of cheese sticks and threw them in the oven. We watched two episodes of Person of Interest. I read way too long, posted to my blog and went to bed after midnight.

No comments: