Sunday, November 21, 2021

Making Handwarmers

Saturday

I woke up needing to go to the bathroom. I tried to get up, but got a warning signal from my back. So Chris used the backboard to get me up. Later he helped me get dressed and I bundled up to go walking. It was freezing outside. I took the grabber and a plastic bag. As I walked, I picked up trash. I also got a pen and a pair of rubber gloves, which I washed inside and out when I got home.

I cropped pictures from my phone for close to an hour. The chaplain picked Chris up and they went to SLC to visit our next door neighbor in the hospital. Chris said since they were taking a gov't vehicle, they could not stop for kimchi.

I jotted notes for my blog. I got a message that Mindy could not run the swap shop today after all. I called around to find someone else, but everyone else had plans. So I drove over to the MR house and put the steam mop inside for Jamie, and went to the swap shop myself. Since I had inadvertently left the house locked, Jamie couldn't get in, so she came to the swap shop and brought me another box of craft stuff and some yarn for making scarves.

Since no 'customers' showed up, I left the door unlocked and the lights on, and followed Jamie over to the MR house. She cleaned upstairs while I cleaned cupboards and window tracks. I also put the steam mop together and did a small part of the kitchen floor. It looked good! I also took it to the upstairs bathroom. I tried it on the bottom of the tub. The bottom was textured and it did not clean in the crevasses, but when I tried it on the side of the tub, the scum came right off.

By then it was after noon. We both left. I went home to make and eat breakfast. Chris came home a little later. He hadn't seen Melissa because she had just been discharged. So they talked to Mike, who was doing better after his stroke. I threw together stuff for the class and then read e-mail.

At 1:35 Chris put the sewing machines in my car. We went to the chapel and he took the machines into the fellowship hall. He left, and I set up for class. It was a little after 2 when Jamie texted that her daughter wasn't coming. Then Diane arrived with her son. She helped him make two handwarmers. Grace came, bringing some yellow fabric and brown rice. We used the rice for class instead of what I bought. She made a soap bottle apron and a hand warmer. Then she helped me pack up.

I went home, stopping at the post office to pick up mail and lock the swap shop. When I got home, I read e-mail, not wanting to go walking later. But at 5:30 I went to the gym. There was an ambulance out front, but I never heard anything afterward. I went to the cross-fit room with Jenni. Then Diane came. We did yoga stretches and chatted. Time went fast and then we packed up before they threw us out.

I came home and had supper. I read e-mail and articles. I posted to my blog. I made tea and we watched 4 episodes of Big Bang Theory. Then we made the bed with fresh sheets. I read e-mail for awhile, then went to bed. I was almost asleep with headphones when Chris came to bed.

No comments: