Sunday, November 14, 2021

How to turn a doughnut inside out

Friday

Chris brought me a towel before 6 so I could pee. Then around 7:15 I asked for the backboard to get out of bed. He helped me get dressed and I went for a walk. He went to work to do his sit-rep. He called from there and asked me to post to Facebook that there would be no power outages today or tomorrow. I also posted that the swap shop would be open. I posted to my blog for Wednesday. And I reviewed the swap shop poster that Diane sent and made a few revisions.

I got out a large bottle of Kombucha. Instinct told me to open it outside, which turned out to be a very wise move. I poured it into several smaller bottles. It was slow because of all the foam. I listened to a presentation and worked on the doughnut. Leaving a hole in the inner circle did not work, nor a hole in the outer circle. I tried cutting a slit in one side, but even that would not turn it inside out. It was so frayed that I had to cut another set of circles. This time I cut through the doughnut, turned it right side out, stuffed it and sewed the ends shut. Bingo!

I checked e-mail until I noticed it was after 10, which is when we were supposed to leave. I called Chris. He came home and packed the ice chest. We went to Tooele. Chris got texts saying the music teacher was flown to a hospital in SLC. I had to read them to him because he was driving. We got to the dentist late. I waited to be seen, then the hygienist cleaned my teeth. Later the dentist checked and said one filling was deteriorating and I need a new one. I went to check out. I bought a savings plan good for a year, and set new appointments.Chris took me to Melanies, then to Lucky's to get mineral oil.

We went home, stopping at the post office where Netflix awaited. At home we unpacked the car. I made and ate breakfast. I joined Diane at the 2nd street house at 3. I cleaned the back door and the counter tops. She worked on the floors and helped me carry out a tub of cleaner. She left at 4. I stayed and mopped until 5:30. I also tried wiping the stove hood with mineral oil. When I wiped off the oil, the grease was gone. Score!

Then I went to the gym. Diane and I set up in the cross-fit room. We started stretching and Jenni joined us. At 6 the attendant told us the gym was closing, so we packed up and left. I went home and took some mops inside. I stripped off the fabric heads and soaked them in a bucket of water. I heated bean soup in the toaster oven. My phone told me I missed a call from William so I called him back. He put Karen on and we chatted for some time. I made tea and watched two episodes of Warehouse 13 with Chris. I jotted notes for one blog post and posted another.

No comments: