Friday, November 26, 2021

Thanksgiving

Thursday

I got up without assistance, but still not like I used to. I got dressed and went through all the sales e-mails. Chris put a box of bananas in the car while I bundled up. We drove to the school for the Turkey Trot. The commander and his family arrived. A few others did too. At 9 they started walking around the school block. I waited for Jenni and we talked for the first round. Then she was done. I hurried to catch up to the commander's wife and children. We talked for half a round and were joined by a new lady. She's an interior designer and she has a source for raw goats milk. We completed the last of the three rounds. Chris passed out bananas and we went home.

At home, I snacked on dried cranberries and cashews while Chris cooked turkey innards. I ate the innards and wished there were more. I read e-mail and articles. I made triple cheese pancakes (which means the cheese stick recipe was made in rounds instead of strips). After the turkey came out of the oven, he put sweet potatoes in at a lower temp. I put in a sheet of seed crackers. I ate some turkey with the dried cranberries 'cause those were the only cranberries we had. I watched The Highwire, which I thought would skip a week because it landed on Thanksgiving.

Studies show open schools are safe. School is often the first place where sexual abuse is identified. Closing schools means millions of cases will go unrecognized. He provided examples to Fauci to stop closing schools. He was told he would be vilified for that. Kids have fewer Ace2 receptors in their noses so the virus has a harder time infecting them. They also have better immune systems. So vaccination is more of a risk for them than exposure to covid.

I made notes on cleaning toilets and tubs. Around 8 I went to the MR house. I put some heavy cleaning bottles in the toilets to raise the waterline to just above the mineral ring. I put polident tablets (which I found in the shed) in one, and a cup or so of cleaning vinegar in the other. We'll see in the morning which is effective. I made tea and posted to my blog. We watched four episodes of Big Bang Theory. I read more e-mail, then went to bed.

No comments: