Thursday, November 11, 2021

An exhausting day

Tuesday

During the night I woke Chris to bring me a towel to pee on. Then I stayed in bed, dozing on and off until 7. He used the board to get me out of bed and helped me get dressed. While I was holding up my foot for him to tie my shoe, my back seized. And here I was hoping to go 24 hours without a spasm. I put on my warmest coat and walked to the post office. I brought back the mail from yesterday, then went for a longer walk. It was longer than yesterday's.

When I got back, I read e-mail. Diane texted that her husband wanted to see the swap shop. So I walked down there and unlocked the door. I came home, then made and ate breakfast. I printed the cleaning recipes that I had collected. I drove to the 2nd street house at 11. Jamie did not show up until 11:20. I cleaned cabinets, and various windows while Jamie washed the blinds in the tub and moved the fridge. I cleaned behind it while she wiped it out. Jenni came at 3:45 and did baseboards on three sides of the living room. I took nails out of the walls and Jamie mopped the bedrooms. She left at 4:30, I think. I was exhausted, but I stayed until 5:30 with Jenni. My feet hurt from climbing the ladders to wash walls, and squatting to wash base cabinets.

When I got home, Chris was home. He put supper in the toaster oven for me. I ate and read e-mail. I listened to Dr. David Martin talk about the real culprits behind current events, people and groups who pay to keep themselves out of the public eye.

One is Dustin Moskowitz, co-founder of Facebook. Another is Cold Spring Harbor Labs, which has an EUA to use Crispr technology for editing the human genome as a joint project between USA and China.

I made tea and we watched two episodes of Person of Interest. Taps played an hour early, which is interesting because Reveille and Retreat play at the right time. I got really soporific and dressed for bed. But then I wrote a blog post and checked e-mail one last time.

* How can they call shots for kids safe and effective when the studies haven't been completed yet? *

No comments: