Sunday, November 28, 2021

Turkey sandwiches

Saturday

I got up after 8. I looked online for a t-shirt I had seen at Bryce Canyon that was not my size, but it was nowhere to be found. Then I looked up articles on saunas and covid. I sent three to Chris. I also started a batch of bread in the bread machine.

Then I went to the MR house. Jamie was already there. I checked the vinegar gel in the toilet. It seemed to have done some good, but what was left was still stuck on good. She mowed grass and weeded the flowerbeds while I did the cabinets in the upstairs bathroom. Then she worked up there while I did walls and some baseboards. After two hours, I went home for breakfast.

I formed the risen dough into hoagie-like rolls and put them in the oven to rise. I made and ate breakfast. I read articles. Australia has purchased enough doses for each person to have 14 injections. Why?

When the rolls had risen, I pre-heated the oven and popped them in. I went to the swap shop to open it so Jenni could get in. I left her there while I went home to supervise the rolls and take them out at the perfect moment. I rubbed the tops with butter and went back to the swap shop. Jenni said Diane had been there. I picked out a black t-shirt for myself. Then Jenni rolled out a bike while I carried out a box of other stuff she picked out. Then she followed me to the chapel. We looked at wallhangings and paraments in the room next to the sanctuary. We did not find any Christmas ones.

We went home for a short while. I had been wearing shirtsleeves, but I got out my warmest coat and met her back at her house. We started walking and Diane joined us. When we finished the block, we kept talking, then split up and went home.

The rolls were still sitting on the stove. Chris had not tried one yet. I found them hard to resist, so he put them away. I read some e-mail, then got some leftovers for supper. Chris used a roll to make himself a turkey sandwich. I went through sales e-mails, deleting most but trying to decide if others were enough of a discount to be worth it.

Sometime after 8, I made tea. I played my trombone until Chris was ready. We watched the last episode of Warehouse 13, plus two episodes of Big Bang Theory. I posted to my blog but stayed up late reading articles. Then we went to bed.

No comments: