Saturday, November 6, 2021

Getting vertical

Friday

I heard my alarm go off at 7:30. It had been a pretty good night. No spasms at all. To keep my progress going, I did not try to get up on my own. I asked for the backboard and Chris used it to stand me up. Perfect. In my head I heard Olivia NewtonJohn sing " Let's get vertical, vertical. I wanna get verticaaaal. I wanna feel my body walk." I walked to the bathroom. We took a shower together. He helped me get dressed.

Then I sat at my laptop to read e-mail and use a heating pad. And for some unknown reason, my back went into spasm, which is like having a charlie horse in my lower back. Stopping it instantly becomes my top priority. And I did stop it. But it was touch and go after that.

I researched DIY enzyme cleaners. I had some fermented lemon peel so I filtered that and put it in a small spray bottle. I walked to the post office to get the mail, then went to the house on Mustang Run. I sprayed trouble spots here and there. Then I went to the 2nd street house. Diane had just arrived and was cleaning the bathroom. She said the door was open. Sigh. I started spraying in the kitchen. Jamie arrived with some cleaning things. Lots of cleaners were already here, and we discovered that the fridge was full of food, even take-out and leftovers. The lady hadn't moved all the far away. Why did she leave so much?

Anyway, I cleaned things that I could reach without straining up or down: walls, door jambs, counter tops, blinds. I soaked the oven filter in hot soapy water. I started the self-clean cycle. I tried numerous cleaners on the orange grease spots, but they did not come off the wall. My enzyme spray stopped spraying. I guess I didn't filter it enough.

Jamie and I divided up the food. I called Chris to come get the food, then went home with him. I decided not to chance the drive into Tooele, and Chris said he didn't feel like it either. He laid down and went to sleep. I made breakfast and ate it. Someone contacted me to drop stuff off at the swap shop, so I walked down there and opened it. Saronna messaged me that her family tested positive for covid. So I put together a package of vit C, D, quercetin and zinc. I drove over there to deliver it. Her husband came out and we chatted for some time. Then I drove to the swap shop to lock it up and went home. I did not have any trouble getting in or out of the car, though I did take it slowly.

Chris was up and feeling better, but running a temp. I whipped up a batch of seed crackers. I put them in the oven to bake. Then I made a salad. Diane called to see if I wanted to go walking and I realized I had totally forgotten. So I jumped in the car and drove over there. She and Jenni were waiting. We walked a mile around the school block. After more chatting, Diane left. I took Jenni to the 2nd street house to get the bottles of bleach. She likes them and I don't because I prefer ammonia. She gave me a package of lidocaine patches. When I got back, the seed crackers were done. I ate some with hummus. Then I had some pineapple and read e-mail. Chris wanted to watch TV, so I made my tea and we watched the end of yesterday's episode and two more. Then I watched New World Next Week. I posted to my blog for yesterday, then jotted notes for today. Soon I will hit the hay and hope to get vertical in the morning.

No comments: