Wednesday, November 17, 2021

the science of cleaning

Tuesday

I got up after Chris left for work. It caused a spasm, but it released right away. I made lemon water and got dressed. I went for a 20 minute walk. I set up experiments with cleaners on a heavily encrusted cookie sheet found at the 2nd street house.

I drove to the 2nd street house for the final inspection. One of them told me that I didn't charge enough and that I did exceptional work. Jamie came too. After I signed the paperwork saying the house had passed inspection, she and I talked in the parking lot. I went to the Housing office to turn in the key. Jamie arrived to ask them to put her on the list of cleaners. I left to go to the Mustang Run house, arriving about 10:30. I worked on the stove and bathroom until noon, trying different cleaners to see if they loosened the dirt. I also looked in the shed to see what we had to dispose of. There were some cleaners in there so I brought them into the house.

I went home for breakfast. As I ate, I looked at e-mail. Then just before 1:30, I collected my trombone and book of duets. I went to Saronna's house. We played a few Christmas songs together and she fed the baby. We talked about playing for the tree-lighting ceremony and about cleaning.

I went to the MR house and mopped the floors with the spray mop. It did ok. Some spots needed scraping. I also checked the experiments in the bathroom and set some new ones. I left after an hour and a half.

When I got home, I signed into Zoom for the RCMQG monthly meeting. I sat through and even participated a little. They want to do their next meeting on Gather.town. We each have to sign in and get an avatar. Then the avatar goes around from group to group of other avatars and their chat screens come up when in proximity to my avatar. I'm not sure I am ready for that.

Afterward, I made a salad. Chris was already home and making his supper. I checked the latest telegram postings and listening to a talk on cancer. I wrote up yesterday's post and today's. I sat with Chris to watch Dr. Blake, but he was feeling talkative and he talked so much that there was only time for one episode. I got sleepy and went right to bed.

No comments: