Monday, November 15, 2021

Finishing the 2nd street house

Sunday

I got up by myself. I got dressed but needed Chris to put my shoes and socks on. I went for a long walk, except that I spied a package on Johnnie's porch, so I went home for the key and put the item inside her house. I continued to walk for awhile, then went home.

I posted to my blog then spent the morning looking at handheld steamer units. They seem to address all those hard-to-clean spots that take me so much time. But it was hard to find one without using Amazon or Ebay. Finally Chris indicated shower time. So he helped me shower, then took his own. I dressed myself, and then found I could reach my feet to put on shoes. I went back to searching, then we went to the chapel.

I talked to Eileen for a bit, then sat on the aisle so I could roll onto the floor in case of spasm. But that didn't happen. I was not able to sit comfortably, but I made it through the service, often changing position. Afterward, I chatted with Rick and then the ladies.

Then we went to the commissary. There was some arrangement that it would be open from noon to 4. We bought a few things to show support for them, then checked out and went home. I started making breakfast, then changed clothes to eat it. I jotted notes for my blog. I worked on e-mail until Jamie texted to say she was going to the 2nd street house to do the yard, and she wanted to look through the house. So I met her there about 3:15. We talked and agreed to do a group-buy on Mr. Clean erasers. She went out back to do leaves, while I removed the last few things and mopped myself out the front door. I went over to the MR house and took all the cleaning equipment from my car and put it in the garage. I stayed to clean countertops in the kitchen and put the stove on a cleaning cycle with a splash of ammonia. Then I pulled all the nails out of the walls.

I started sweeping baseboards when Jenni called to see if I would go walking at 4:30 instead of 5:30. So I took a break to do that. Along the walk we met Grace and Esther. We chatted with them. Jenni told them they could make a lot of money cleaning houses. I was afraid they got the wrong idea. When we split up, I went home and got a broom. Chris wanted to make an omelet and asked when I wanted to eat. I said 6, then went to the MR house and swept all the floors till I got to the kitchen.

I went home, arriving right at 6. The omelet wasn't done yet and he was also seasoning a cast iron pan in the oven. I looked at e-mail until the omelet was ready. I had that for supper. Chris finished up his 6 hour Sunday afternoon conversation. One of the reasons I cleaned on a Sunday was to get away from the constant conversation. I looked at steam mops and handheld steamers - so many to choose from. Then I made tea and we watched two episodes of Dr. Blake. I got a little sleepy, but it wore off and I stayed online after Chris went to bed.

No comments: