Monday, November 22, 2021

Fingers crossed for banners

Sunday

Chris got me out of bed, and dressed. I bundled up, took a bag and the grabber, and went walking. I went down 5th street where the large family used to live. I picked up two bags worth of garbage, including a second bag to fill up. I have a feeling there is a lot more, but covered up with tumbleweeds.

When I got back, I had Chris check my hands for frost bite because it was so cold. I read e-mail until Chris offered me a shower. We showered in the hall bathroom. Then he helped me get dressed for church. I used dental floss in a needle to sew the backs of a pair of shoes that were too loose. Then we went to the chapel. The chaplain told us we did not need to wear masks as long as we stayed in family groups. News to my ears! Jenni and her husband were the only other congregants. After the service, we talked about the Christmas banners. Jenni looked in a side room and found some banners, but not the Christmas ones. She said the chapel had a storage room at the old clinic. Chaplain said he would look into it.

We came home and I changed clothes. I made and ate breakfast. Chris chatted with the voices, but did not game because Michele could not make it. We put jackfruit seeds in the steamer.

Pfizer changed their formulation so that it didn't need such extreme cold temps. However, that was after the trials used for EUA, so not tested on humans, but they are about to give it to 28 million kids.

My computer started doing strange things and not cooperating with my instructions. I had to reboot it. Chris put steaks in the oven. I went to the MR house and used the steam mop on the tub and one bedroom. When the water resevoir was empty, I refilled it, then went to the gym.

Diane was waiting in her car. We walked in to the gym to the front desk to sign in. Chris said we should do that. We talked to the lady who signed us in and she admitted she was afraid of losing her job because of her vaccine status. After a nice chat, Diane and I walked around the gymnasium, until 6 when the gym closed. We went home.

Chris had made t-bone steaks. I ate half of one, and some quinoa. I also ate some jackfruit seeds. They were like potatoes inside a shell. I listened to a talk, then laid down with Chris. Later I got up under my own power. I posted to my blog and made tea. We watched 4 episodes of Big Bang Theory. I read e-mail for awhile, and then went to bed.

No comments: