Friday, February 4, 2022

Does my phone support 4G?

Thursday

I woke up in the middle of the night with numb fingers again, but this time on the other side. Rubbing my arm did not help, but rubbing my fingers did. I went back to sleep and dozed in and out until 8:30 when I got up. I took charcoal, brushed my teeth, and typed up my blog post from yesterday.

I cleared e-mail, then looked up the most secure phones. None of them were 5G and they were very expensive. So I looked up how to test my phone with 5G and found out that 5G is not replacing 4G. They will work together. It suggested looking in the owner's manual for the network specifications. So I did, but my phone manual is in Korean. I got some experience in typing Korean into a translation search bar. It did not exactly tell me what I wanted to know. More searching told me to go into Mobile Networks and activate 4G, but mine only has one option and that is Access Point Names. So, using settings recommended to me, I set up a new APN that I will try if my phone stops working when the 3G network goes down. The specifications I have found for my phone online all say it supports 4G. But my phone company keeps telling me it won't.

I made breakfast and watched The Highwire: Cases are skyrocketing most in Israel, the most vaccinated country. Countries around the world are lifting covid restrictions. Del interviewd Martin Armstrong. There was a documentary about him called The Forecaster. He built a computer program to help him forecast the stock market, but it forecasted a lot more.

The chaplain came over with a plant in a baggie. They are moving and could not take it with them. I made a valentine card, then posted pics and a description for the class on Saturday.

At 4:30 I went to the gym. I walked with Diane for over half an hour. After a nice chat, we each went home. I read e-mail, and watched videos of the trucker's convoy singing songs and giving speeches. Some truckers were making food for the homeless. Apparently American truckers are planning something similar. But several people have made videos asking them to go to the southern border to stop sex and drug trafficking instead of going to Washington DC.

I had leftovers for supper. Chris came home from work. It was after 8 when I made tea. We watched four episodes of Big Bang Theory. We chatted for awhile, then I posted to my blog.

No comments: