Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Working on the next house

Monday

I woke up before 7 with hot flashes. I tried to go back to sleep. I must have slept through Reveille and Chris hadn't taken his shower yet. It turned out that he went to the gym, which changed his schedule and threw off my estimation of the time.

I got up around 7:30, rinsed and gargled with saline and iodine. I took charcoal and brushed my teeth. I checked my cleaning envelopes to make sure each one had a date and distribution of money. At 10 of 10, I walked down to Johnnie's house, arriving just as the inspection people did. I let them in the front door. They went around taking pics. I noticed the fridge door had smudges on the inside edge so I wiped them off. I raised the blinds on the windows that needed work. They presented me with a document to sign saying everything was fine.

I went to Housing to turn in the key and get a copy of the floor plan for the chaplain's house. I went to the new Mustang Run house to start cleaning. Jamie showed up at 11:35. We discussed cleaning the colonels house, then I worked on the kitchen while she worked on the bedrooms.

I cut myself cleaning under the element in the oven. I figured it would stop bleeding in a minute or two, but each time I used my arm, more blood came out. So I went home to wash it and rest it while having breakfast. I listened to Dr. Ealy talk about the benefits of fasting. Hunger means healing. Having the munchies is good as long as you don't eat. The shot is an artificial infection which does not confer immunity.

At 2:15, I went back to cleaning. I finished the kitchen except for the floor. I did most of the sliding glass window, tracks, and blinds. Then I met Diane and Jenni at the school. It was so windy that we decided to go to the gym and walk there.

After walking and talking, I went to the library to return DVD's and get season 1 of BBT. Melissa was there so we chatted and it went long. When I got home, Chris was there. Chris asked me to patch his suit pants, again. I laughed so hard. What is the patch supposed to hold on to?

I heated some fish and rice. I made a salad while Chris made me some salad dressing with a yogurt base. It was quite spicy! Later I made tea and we watched Columbo. I fell asleep on the couch. Chris apparently went to bed. Later I got up to post my blog entry. The computer said it was 11, but when I put my phone in airplane mode, it said 12.

No comments: