Saturday, February 19, 2022

The skype that almost wasn't

Friday I got up just before 8. I cut out the pieces for the left foot of the slippers. I wore the right one. I looked through my blog posts to figure out how many hours I worked on Johnnie's house. I made sure all my cleaning records had the total hours listed, which should help with future quotes. I started signing into Skype at noon. It would not accept my password so I had to reset the password, then it acted like I was making a new account. I had no contact list or call history. Faye was having trouble, too. 43 minutes later we finally connected. She showed me things from Dad's attic to see if I wanted them. It was mostly old school projects. The doorbell interrupted. I went out to find a box of fish eggs had been delivered, packed in dry ice. After we finished looking at papers and projects, she got out her lunch and I made my breakfast. We ate together. Then she had to go pick up medication. I top-stitched the first slipper and checked e-mail. I stopped at the post office. There was a key to a large postal box. But the fat envelope inside did not warrant the large box it was in. I parked in front of Jenni's house. She was still in Tooele, so I met Diane and we walked twice around the block. Afterward, I returned Columbo season 2 to the library. Then I went to the swap shop to place the mirror. When I got home, I found a package on the porch. I put it inside. I took a small bucket of water and washed the back end of my car. For some reason it was very dirty and the rest of the car wasn't. Afterward, I cut corners off of some fabric I bought weeks ago and put it in the washer. Chris called. He said he e-mailed pics of a property he saw today in Costa Rica. I looked at the pics and we discussed them. There was a short video sweep. It is a beautiful property, but there is no house. I checked Telegram messages and heated bean soup for supper. I also made a salad that was at least half spinach. I typed up and posted for yesterday, then worked on today's post. I made tea and watched an episode of Columbo. My stomach felt fine. I listened to New World Next Week and The Corbett Report discussing all-cause mortality. The graphs of different countries, states, genders and age groups are not representative of a respiratory pandemic. Then I went to bed.

No comments: