Sunday, February 20, 2022

Sewing slippers

Saturday

I slept well, even without headphones. I woke up early to pee, and went back to sleep. I woke up later and suddenly remembered the box of fish eggs that were still in the insulated box in the den. I rescued them and found they were still frozen. I put them in the fridge. I stripped the bed, and started a load of laundry. I puttered around on the internet. I clipped strings from damp fabric. I put the laundry in the dryer. I took a shower, and dressed. I stripped the mattress pad and put it in the laundry. I took the fish eggs out of their boxes so they would fit in the freezer better. I divided one box into three baggies. I vacuumed the lint trap, then put the second load in the dryer.

I made and ate breakfast. I listened to podcasts about the hidden abilities of hair. I threw things together for today's sewing project and moved them out to my car, along with two sewing machines. I drove to the chapel and unloaded everything.

I turned on the heat and set up the machines as Miss Grace came in. Jenni came too. Jamie stopped by long enough to say she wasn't coming. I helped the two ladies cut out a foot pattern and pick out the right size slipper pattern. I made a left foot slipper for me as an example for them. The project seemed to be going long, so I did some of the cutting and pinning for them. I am sorry the girls didn't come, but it would have been too many people for two sewing machines.

We finished just in time to go walking. They helped me carry stuff to my car. Then the three of us walked around the school block and back to the chapel. I went to commissary for fresh foods. Then I walked to the post office for mail. I dressed my bed halfway, waiting for Jamie. I ate leftovers, then unloaded my car. It got dark so I texted her and said come tomorrow instead.

I read e-mail, then made tea. I started watching Columbo, then got a text from Chris so I called him. We spoke but he was tired, so I bid him a good night. I finished watching Columbo and looked up some of the actors. I posted to my blog. I read a few more articles, then made the bed and retired for the night.

* Jenni's slippers are in the top photo. *

No comments: