Sunday, February 27, 2022

Finishing up the mending

Saturday

I went to bed quite late, woke up early but went back to sleep. I got up around 8. I read from the book about Fauci. After a while, I switched to reading e-mail. I took a shower, dressed, and started laundry.

I made breakfast. I listened to Dr. Ruby say there are studies of tumor suppression in mice with ivermectin. Ukraine ports shutting down makes supply chain shortages worse. Missiles were fired on grain ships coming out of the ports.

I opened my new phone and turned it on. I wanted to use it to take pics, but first I had to agree to all sorts of privacy invasions and data collection procedures - including their right to send things like my signature and bank account numbers to third party participants for business purposes. (And that is why I will never enter a bank or credit card number on my phone.)

I watched a video of a man who took two identical phones, one on airplane mode, on a trip around the city and to historical locations. Neither phone had a sim card or was connected to an account. Yet once he hooked them to a network, both sent a lot of info straight to Google, telling them where the phone had been and whether the person was in a car or walking. Probably other stuff, too. But that was alarming enough. An article on biometric data stressed the importance of protecting it because you cannot change your fingerprint if stolen like you would change your password. Run your computer as a non-admin user. Enable Windows Defender. Regularly do a factory reset to get rid of malware.

Bondsforthewin.com shows how to file a claim against a gov't officials surety bond if they violate the constitution, oath of office, etc. When I took the white laundry out, it was very dingy. In fact, it was less white than before I washed it. Perplexing. I soaked the whites in a bowl of water and hydrogen peroxide.

I met Diane in front of the school. We walked around the block and talked. As we were completing the loop, Jenni arrived. Diane went home. Jenni and I went to look at the gardens and discussed plans.

When I got home, I made a batch of seed crackers. I finished sewing the patch on Chris' suit pants. I patched his socks and sweat pants (at least enough to keep him from being arrested for indecent exposure).

I heated supper in the toaster oven. Chris called for our usual chat. I ate supper, then checked on the laundry. I put the whites in the washing machine for a good rinse. I read e-mail, and wrote a blog post. I made tea, and watched Columbo.

I listened to several podcasts. Ukraine stuff. I did my bedtime routine and then checked all possible hiding places in the bedroom for rodents etc. It was not relaxing, but eventually I calmed down and went to sleep.

No comments: