Thursday, February 17, 2022

Passing Inspection

Wednesday

I got up about 7:30. I made coffee, and exercised. While rebounding in the garage, I noticed the water softener and decided to check the salt level. It was completely empty. There were three unopened bags, right where Chris put them. At 40 pounds, they were too much for me to lift. So I opened one and scooped enough out with my hands so I could lift it. The whole bagful did not fill it up even halfway, but the prospect of hurting my back and lying on the cold concrete until Chris came back from Costa Rica had me conclude that it was good enough.

I read pages from “The Real Anthony Fauci”. I am trying to finish it because Jenni wants to read it. I noticed it started to snow, and that we have a pepper! I turned on a salt lamp for meditation and tapping. Afterward, I heated the tub with the hottest water from the faucet. I sat on a shower chair, trying to induce a sweat. It was like being in a wet sauna, but it didn't work. I quickly cleaned the kitchen and bathrooms, then put epsom salt in the water (which had cooled down to tolerable) and soaked.

After I washed, got out and dressed, I typed up my blog post for yesterday. I spread soapy water on the kitchen floor to soak the grout. I vacuumed and read e-mail for while, then scrubbed the floor with a broom with hard plastic bristles. I continued to read e-mail until time to go.

I arrived early for the inspection, expecting to run the trash out to the curb. But the cans were empty. The gov't housing guy was right behind me. I could not find the key, so I gave him the garage punch code. We went in and waited for the others. It looked good, even the window looked cleaner than I left it. The lady who came to take pics had trouble with her camera. We talked and signed papers. The contractor guy mentioned working on a house in SLC that Ted Bundy lived in for 6 months. He said it had creepy feel to it.

After that, I went to the post office for mail, then home to find the key. It was in my purse the whole time. I went to Housing to return it. At 4:30, I went to the gym to meet Diane and Jenni. We walked around the upper level for over 30 minutes. I went home.

I did research, both for DIY slippers and EMF's from phones. Chris called. He hadn't done much but go out to eat with Herberth. He sounded tired so we hung up. I made tea and posted to my blog. I watched an episode of Columbo and looked up the actors, but none were in anything I would remember them from. Actually, the stuff they were in was so old I probably never saw it.

No comments: