Thursday, February 24, 2022

Bass trio?

Tuesday

I woke up in the middle of the night. My throat had a dry spot. Every breath through my nose seemed to irritate it. I got up and irrigated my nasal passages and gargled. I went back to bed and slept.

When I got up, I brushed and swished while reading articles. My left hand developed a problem that made it difficult to use. A tendon maybe? I rested it on a bag of frozen peas. Later I made and ate breakfast.

At 1:30 I went over to Saronna's place. Since there is no school today, she had all four kids at home. Also, a kid who lives nearby was able to come with his trombone. He was late, and then he had a negative attitude. I had a book of trios, but he didn't seem interested so we played from the band book he brought. When I found out he just started playing trombone this year, it explained a lot. When he spied his dad driving down the street, he packed up and ran off.

I stayed to talk to Saronna, then went home, stopping at the post office. I picked up mail and and unlocked the swap shop. I brought home a box stained linens. I read e-mail for awhile, then walked with Jenni at the gym. At 6:34 Karen came by to pick up the key to the swap shop so she could open it twice a month.

While I was making supper (ground beef, leftover bean soup, diced tomatoes), the CSM called to say there was free food in the ACS building. She wanted to know who to call. I offered to announce it on Facebook. I submitted an announcement on three pages associated with Dugway. The building closes at 7 so I posted as fast as possible. I finished cooking supper and ate some. At the last minute I went to the ACS building. It was snowing. The big room was dark so I went to the library to ask. Another couple was behind me. Patrick turned on the lights to the big room and we saw several tables of giant squash. In the kitchen were bags of apples (only about 6 in each) and dozens of gallons of milk in the fridge. I thought we were the last so I got two gallons of milk, a bag of apples, a squash and a bag of potatoes. The man carried the potatoes for me. As we left, more people were coming in.

I wondered if I shouldn't have taken the potatoes since it might be the last bag. Anyway, I took the food home. I left the milk in the car to freeze and brought in the apples and the squash. I called Jamie to lift the potatoes.

Chris called and I emoted. Later Jamie came over. She took a gallon of milk and the potatoes so they wouldn't freeze. I made tea and wrote a blog post. I iced my arm on a bag of peas while watching Columbo. Then I published the blog post for the day before. I read articles for while, then went to bed.

No comments: