Tuesday, June 14, 2022

A piano player!

Sunday

I woke up and realized that I hadn't shut off the hose at the garden, meaning that when the timer turned on, all the water would come out the short hose instead of the drip hoses. So I got dressed and went to remedy that. I put a nozzle on the end of the short hose in case I forget again to shut it off at the splitter. I checked on the tomatoes and peppers and sweet potatoes. Everything else has disappeared.

From there I went to the colonel's house. I took care of the cats and played with them a little - all they would allow. It took about half an hour. I cleaned up the vinegar I left in the oven. The burnt stuff still didn't come off.

When I got home, I used the cat litter to scent gopher holes. I spread mounds and soaked tunnels. I sprayed the window of the sewing room and hoards of moths flew out. Sigh. I took a video of moths coming out of corner trim. I cut it down to the best parts and posted it on Facebook. I started to read e-mail and Chris brought me a problem from the credit card company, I called the vendor in question and got it straightened out.

I made and ate breakfast. I got dressed and went to the chapel. No one was there. The largest moth I have ever seen was sitting right on the split between the double doors. I flicked it away and unlocked the chapel. I walked in, saw the communion cups from last week and put them away. I took my trombone to the front and Michelle arrived with the school librarian who plays piano. We chatted and Diane showed up followed by Rick and Jenni.

We had just decided to have a hymn sing, when the guest pastor arrived. He chatted to Michelle about a trip to Israel while I met with the pianist to choose hymns. Then we sang three songs that she knew, and Pastor Chris preached from the book of John. He kept looking at the clock so I finally mentioned that the clock was broken. After the sermon, he assigned us readings from Hebrews and one other book. Then we sang one last hymn, and chatted and had cheese squares for snack.

I went home and ate fruit. I read e-mail. A lady came to pick up the pillow I made yesterday but said her dad would pay later. I went to the gym to work out with Michelle. Later we sat in the sauna with Heather talking about things we can do to make Dugway more resilient. I overheated and took a cold shower. We talked in the changing room, then went home.

I changed from my wet suit into a nightgown. Chris steamed broccoli. I heated ground beef. David came by with the payment for the pillow. I read e-mail and listened to interviews. I worked on my blog post, and heated whey in the crock pot.

I made tea, then we watched four episodes of Gomer Pyle. I watched episode 3 of Unbreakable. 3500 L-glutamine is a therapeutic dose. It was after midnight when I went to bed because I wanted to see as much as possible before they took it down.

No comments: