Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Cats having accidents

Monday

I needed to get up in the middle of the night. Chris used the backboard. After using the bathroom, I went back to sleep. I woke up around 7 and heard him getting dressed. This time I was able to get up on my own.

I brushed and swished and watered the plants, giving them some egg shell amendment. I wrote up my blog post for yesterday. I downloaded pics and cropped them. I went to the colonel's house to tend to the cats. They hadn't eaten the wet food. I threw it out. I washed all the bowls and swept up loose food. I scooped the litter box and added more litter. Oh, the fumes! Then, as I was about to sit down to play, I discovered they had accidents on the kitchen floor and on the carpet. I cleaned it up as best I could without a carpet shampooer.

I gave them the attention they would permit, then went to the garden. I watered everything, including the peonies. I pulled some weeds, threw tumbleweed over the fence, and went home. I had a message from Michelle saying she wanted to practice on the chapel piano. So I drove over there to let her in.

I read e-mail, and made seed crackers. I refilled the mixes for the seed cracker recipe. I made breakfast. Chris came home for lunch. As I was saying my prayer, a great scrabbling sound arose. I told Chris there was something in the downspout. He came out and knocked on it until a gopher dropped out. He picked up a tool and struck it until dead, then flung it into an empty lot.

I read e-mail. I watched sewing videos, looking for our next project. I went walking with Diane at the gym at 4:30. I sprinkled cat litter on gopher mounds until I ran out. I raked as many mounds as I could. I got a blister on my thumb.

After having a bite to eat, I put on my bathing suit and went to the pool to swim with Jenni. She didn't lead aerobics. Instead we just swam around and talked. When the lifeguards packed up, we got out and dried off. We walked each other to the parking lot and made plans for tomorrow.

I went home and changed clothes. I posted to my blog. I made tea and we watched 4 episodes of Cheers. Then I read e-mail until time to go to bed.

No comments: