Friday, June 17, 2022

My phone is speechless

Wednesday

I woke up early to use the bathroom. Then I remembered the whey was still in the crock pot. I checked on it and went back to bed. I covered my eyes with a towel and tried to go back to sleep. I may have dozed off.

I got up about 7:45. I started the water for coffee. I watered the plants on the windowsill. I turned on my phone and saw a message from David that came in last night. I tried to answer it, but my phone would not connect to the network. I rebooted it, but that didn't help. Sigh. I e-mailed Chris that my phone wasn't working. I answered David on Facebook.

I did my exercises while listening to episode 10 of Unbreakable. To make an extended life lithium battery means the lithium miners will have a shortened life of 35 years. Prayer can change your DNA.

I paused it and proceeded with coffee morning, reflecting on not having phone service: I can't call out, but 'they' can't track me or send me messages either. I cleaned the kitchen and then the bathrooms. I sent Jenni a message on Facebook. I read e-mail. I drove to the school to walk with Jenni. As we were walking past the dog park, Diane drove up. She parked and walked with us. When we got back around, Jenni showed Diane what she'd done with the rocks. I spoke to Meredith who was cleaning for Jenni. Then I took Diane to her car.

I went out the front gate to the VCC. A lady there had advertised pepper and tomato plants on Facebook and I ordered three. I paid her. She and I carried them to my car. I thanked her and went to the gate to sign in.

I planted the big tomato in a trench in the flowerbed. I planted another in the garden box. I flattened some gopher mounds. Using water, I flushed one into a trap. Chris came home and emptied that one. I flushed another one until it dug a hole 10 inches away to get out. I smacked it with a trowel. Sad. I flushed a third one out and chased it around the yard with the hose. Finally I picked it up with my hand and put it in the trap. Sigh. Not how I imagined it going. I did some raking.

I listened to more of episode #10. I put on my suit, grabbed a sweet potato plant, and got in my car. Chris came back from Mass. I headed to the pool. I swam with Jenni in the shallow end because it was not so cold. Then we sat in the sauna for half an hour. Diane did not show up, so I took the plant home again.

I visited the garden briefly, then came home and changed clothes. I made tea. I got my blog post written. Chris tried to switch the sim card from the old phone to the new phone, but it didn't fit. We watched four episodes of Bureau of Magical Things. That ended about 10. I looked up some sim card videos and discovered that I need either new sim card or an adapter. I checked e-mail and then went to bed.

No comments: