Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Squeeze box

Tuesday

I woke up early. I didn't mean to start my day then, but I did. I sat outside to read a book, but my back wasn't happy. So I laid on the bed. It wasn't ideal, but I got to read for awhile.

It was after 8:30 when I watered my plants. Later I left for the colonel's house. I fed and watered the cats, scooped their p..., and scrubbed at the oven. I tried a little baking soda and vinegar. The mess is much smaller than it was. Hopefully it will be gone by the time they get back.

I went to the garden to water and fertilize. I noticed that my main hose was leaking at a junction. I fixed it as best I could. Another family was there, tending to their plot. I went home, passing by Brian's lot and noticing that he had moved his RV.

When I got home, I watered the grass, replanted the pepper in a larger pot, and planted a bunch of sprouted garlic. I listened to something while I washed the dishes in the sink.

I made and ate breakfast, then read e-mail. The gopher guy knocked on the door. He looks like Johnny Depp (maybe I don't want to get rid off all my gophers). We discussed gophers and he went off to bait their tunnels.

I went to Saronna's house with my trombone and the squeeze box from Germany. The kids wanted to hear me play it. But it wasn't working right. The front panel came off and I could see that pieces were missing. Also there was no strap on the left to hold the wrist to open and close it.

Anyway, she and I talked, and played amidst interruptions from the kids. But it was a fun time as usual. I left at 3:40 to go to the school to walk with Diane. When we got back, Jenni was just getting home. After a short chat, we dispersed.

I went home. I read e-mail and made a salad. I also had some fish. I watched sewing videos and chose the fabric pinwheel project for this weekend. Chris took my car to the shoppette to get gas and something else.

I posted to my blog, then mowed the back yard. I made tea, and practiced a hymn on trombone. When Chris was ready, we watched Cheers and Man vs Bee. (I can't wait for the sequel: woman vs gopher). Afterwards, I read e-mail until 11:30, then went to bed.

No comments: