Friday, June 17, 2022

A waste of $300?

Thursday

I got up around 7:15. Chris hadn't left yet. I started my day with the usual things. I turned off the crock pot. The whey was brown and no cheese had formed. After Chris left, I plugged my laptop into the modem. I resumed listening to episode 11 of Unbreakable: Dr. Hooker: There are 20 different targets that could have been chosen for the shot, but they chose the spike protein which is the most toxic one. Why? And why did ALL the companies choose that same one?

I used Chris' phone to call Consumer Cellular to ask for a sim card adapter. However, the woman asked for the IME number of the new phone and her system said it probably wouldn't work with the new network and Samsung stopped doing updates on their older phones (which means I wasted $300 buying a refurbished one from Samsung). I was in tears. Why didn't the sales rep I talked to at the time tell me that this was going to happen? So she said I was being given $80 towards a new phone. I could buy the $160 phone and get a discount, or the $73 phone for free. I wanted to talk to Chris first, but she said the system would cancel the discount after we hung up because it now thinks I have the $300 phone (which is not eligible I guess). So I picked the free phone, even though it has a lower end camera than the one I have been using for 5 years.

I heated a gallon of goat milk on the stove, stirring occasionally. I posted to Facebook that the swap shop would be open from 5:30 to 7. Jenni messaged me that our massage appointment is next week, not this afternoon. I decided not to change the swap shop hours. Saronna needed a gallon of milk, so at 11 I turned the stove off and went to the commissary. Then I took three empty milk bottles to Michelle's house to drop off. She was on the phone, but that was good. I went over to Saronna's house with the milk. Her whole family was sick except for her husband. She talked to me outside for awhile.

When I got home, I started making breakfast. I ate while watching The Highwire. Michelle came by, so I invited her in. She talked and talked so I hinted that I was still eating breakfast and making goat cheese. She talked to me as I separated curds from the whey and put them in the fridge. I gave Michelle some cheese to eat. We talked until she went to an appointment.

I went back to eating breakfast and watching. Mass Formation: no amount of evidence can sway the participants from the collective belief. They have an absurd willingness to sacrifice everything: their health, their wealth, the future of their children, the lives of their children in order to belong to that mentally intoxicating collective experience.

At 3:30 I paused it. I went walking with Diane and Jenni. Then I went to the garden and watered the sweet potatoes. I fertilized them with whey from the crockpot. The tomato leaves were brown and crispy. I also watered a nearby peony bush. I brought the tomato cages home.

Just as I backed into the driveway, Michelle drove up and asked me to get in her car. We went to the chapel. She found a ladder in the janitor's closet and set it under the large clock. She brought it down and we examined the batteries. I was thirsty so we went to my house where I got some iced hibiscus tea. Then we went to Michelle's house for batteries. Back to the chapel where we discovered that the minute hand on the clock was hanging loosely, so Michelle hung it up and put the ladder back, and took me home. We spoke in her car, then I went in the house.

I listened to more of episode 11, then it vanished at 6. I read other things for a bit, then episode 12 showed up. I put that on. I washed the big pot from cheese-making. I put a tomato cage out to support the tomato in the back because of the wind. I placed two gopher traps. I sliced up some citrus rind and found some gopher holes to put it in. I saw Chris come home.

When I went inside, there was a pizza on the stove. I had a bite to eat, then listened to more of episode 12. I felt like there was something stuck in my throat, so I drank some diluted vinegar. It didn't help. I posted to the Dugway Facebook page that I had goat cheese and whey for sale. When Chris was done eating, I heated tea, and we watched four episodes of Bureau of Magical Things. I listened to more of episode 12. My stomach was having a terrible time with something, so it was late before I had any peace and got to bed.

No comments: