Saturday, June 18, 2022

Are there real people at Verizon?

Friday

I got up around 7:45 feeling better. Chris was baking a breakfast casserole for the community meetup. I took probiotics and watered the plants, feeding them a little bit of homemade leaf fertilizer. I listened to episode 12: Mary Queen of Scotts was framed. Plant Longevity spinach - you can eat it forever. No need to replant. I paused it and went to the colonel's house to feed the cats. It was very windy out and I had to rescue the big garbage containers. After scooping the littler boxes, I sat to cuddle with the kitties. Initially they were wanting attention, but then wandered off. So I left.

I stopped at the garden to give the plants some leaf fertilizer. They were still looking burnt. Then I went home. I put cat litter in gopher holes and watered it in. It was like watering a cave. One trap had caught a gopher so I shook it out and put the trap in a different hole.

Jenni stopped by. We chatted, then she left for the community breakfast. Chris came back from the office to get the casserole. Then we went to the community breakfast. Due to the wind, it had been moved from the pavillion to the ACS building. The few people there helped put out the food. The CSM showed up with a lot of food. Then she and her kids disappeared. About 10 people showed up. Jenni called her husband and he came over. We all had nice chats. Then the CSM came back to feed her kids and get her stuff.

The internet is out at my Dad's house, so when we got home, I called Verizon on Chris' phone, and got the digital assistant. I waited for a long time to get a real person. Keeping the phone on, we headed out to Tooele. We had to wait 20 min or so for the road to be resurfaced. When we got to the pass, we lost the signal so I never did talk to a person. In Tooele, we shopped, the came back. We waited again, for even longer. When we finally got to base, we stopped at the post office. I got stuff from the swap shop that was mentioned this morning.

I called Verizon again and again, finally left Patrick's number as the call back number. I ate a papaya. Chris cooked mushrooms for me. I ate them with the rice and cheese dish from this morning. But soon my stomach hurt, like last night. I took some enzymes, but they didn't help.

The wind broke off a piece of rosemary. Chris put it in some dirt to try to root it. I sat with a heating pad on my stomach and tried to read a book.. I wrote to my blog and posted it. I made tea and we watched four episodes of Bureau of Magical Things. Then he went to bed and I stayed up to read e-mail, hoping my stomach would resolve the discomfort. But finally I had to go to bed still not feeling right. Was it the papaya?

No comments: