Saturday, June 25, 2022

Brian bought some goat cheese

Friday

I watered the plants without the elephant watering can. I put a large cat dropping in a mesh bag and laid it in the garden box out back to discourage critters. I finished the Highwire while Chris was at the office, and ordered mosquito netting from Joanns for pickup.

I went to the company house to strip the beds. But since some of the keys were still gone, I thought the men might be coming back, so I left. I gave a gallon of spiked water to the three trees at the end of the street (apple, pear, lilac). I also took two cuttings of each and put them in water. Then I went to the colonel's house to tend the cats. I also scrubbed the bottom of the oven and brought in a package from the front doorstep. The grill had blown over but I could not pick it up.

I went to the garden, arriving just as Jenni did. I cut a peony blossom. I watered here and there. I spread some cat droppings. I harvested some kale leaves. We looked at the colonel's plot. It was full of weeds and parsley, probably from last year. I dug up some plants and put in some sprouted potatoes.

I went home. Brian had come to visit and was blocking my space. I went inside and put down all I was carrying, including the young tumbleweed I wanted to cook up. Since Brian has a trailer, I asked if we could go to the landfill to find a bookcase for the swap shop. I made and ate breakfast while he ran some errands and came back. I got in and we went to the landfill. There was a huge mass of metal objects, but they had been pushed aside and were so damaged. We also looked in the wood area, but found nothing suitable. He dropped me off at my house. I offered him some goat cheese. After trying it, he said he would be a regular customer if he still lived here. He bought a carton to take back to his RV

I read some e-mail, and then we packed for Tooele. We stopped by the post office and picked up a check and a Swanson's order. We also stopped at the colonel's house to pick up the grill and put it back together.

We listened to the last of a book on CD while driving, then shopped at Luckey's, Melanies and Joanns. Joanns did not have the mosquito netting I ordered, so I bought a different kind, which was not as wide and cost more. Sigh. But my plants need the protection now. Then we concluded our shopping with Macey's and went home, listening to a new book on CD.

I had a bite to eat. I put on a bathing suit and went to the pool. Jenni and I swam for 45 minutes, then got out, dried off, checked out the sauna, and went home. I changed into dry clothes. I posted to my blog. I made tea and we watched three episodes of Cheers. I watched a short video where a man talked about the increasing amount of aluminum in the rain and soil. I read e-mail until 11:40, then retired for the evening.

No comments: