Friday, June 24, 2022

Massage and Swap Shop

Thursday

I got up at 7:30, hearing my alarm ring in the other room. I brushed, swished and watered the plants. I took supplements on the usual morning schedule. I took care of the cats. They had not eaten their wet food. But that pate stuff looked pretty awful to me. I gave them a different kind today. When it came time to play, they were more interested in watching the men that were digging in the yard. I don't know what that was about.

Then I went to the garden, to water things and generally check to make sure the irrigation system hasn't sprung a leak. No new gopher damage. Maybe the cat litter is working.

When I got home, I ordered the solar panel inverter. I looked at nettings from various sources. Joanns had a good price. At 11, I made and ate breakfast. Jenni moved our departure time from noon to 12:30. I ran to the library to get another book on CD, and the next season of Cheers. Then I ran to the swap shop to unlock it for Anca and take a pic of books. When I got home, I posted the swap shop hours to the Dugway page.

Jenni arrived at 12:30. I had a bottle of hibiscus tea and my knee pillow. We went to Tooele. She stopped at the post office and got a box. She also stopped at her doctor's office but they were closed for renovation. Then we went to the spa.

We were ushured in to an ornated room and given flavored water to drink. After initialing our original paperwork, we went into a bathroom to change into robes. When I came out, I looked around until my masseuse found me. We had a nice chat about pressure and technique, etc. Then I got under the sheets and the massage began. It was very relaxing. She told me later that I had a really big knot on my left shoulder, and I might be sore later from her efforts to break it up.

The host brought us a snack and bottles of water. After eating and paying, we went to WalMart. There wasn't much time, but Jenni shopped quickly. She checked out and we got in her car. She took a bunch of back roads. I wondered if it really was any quicker. Finally we arrived at the main road and drove to base. I was worried that we wouldn't be back in time for me to relieve Anca at the swap shop. In fact, Retreat played just as we checked our ID's at the front gate and we had to wait until it was over. Then Jenni dropped me off at the swap shop. I spoke to Anca, and she left with her kids. I alphabetized books for an hour and a half, then read a book until 7.

Since it wasn't raining, I walked home. Chris greeted me. I ate the rest of breakfast and then supper. I jotted notes for my blog. I made tea. We watched the last three episodes of Gomer Pyle. I started listening to The Highwire. Dr. Craig talked about all the problems with the trial that the FDA is using to recommend a third shot to kids. 2/3 of the kids who got two doses did not get a third dose but there is no mention of why they didn't. The results are based on 12 kids out of >4000 enrolled. More of the 12 who got covid were in the placebo group than in the vaccinated group, thus their conclusion that it must work. These results are not statistically significant. Since we don't know what happened to the 3000 whose results are not reported, there is no safety conclusion. Followup was only 6 weeks, not the 6 months that the FDA originally asked for. Vaccination reduces immunity for up to 2 weeks after the shot while it takes effect. The trial results did not include how many cases occurred during that time frame.

I paused the episode and went to bed.

No comments: