Friday, June 10, 2022

Swap shop violates community standards?

Thursday

I got up around 7:45. I started my day as usual. I watered the plants and read e-mail. There were a bunch of big moths hiding between the front door and the storm door. I don't know where they are coming from. I took bromelain AND pepsin. That turned out to be too much and I had to eat a piece of cheese to stop the burning. I listened to a podcast on how to measure global warming, and whether it is really a man-made crisis or due to solar activity.

I made and ate breakfast while watching The Highwire. Chris came home for lunch with the mail. I posted about the swap shop opening at 3 on Facebook but Facebook told me it violated their community standards involving alcohol. ???? So I asked Chris to post it on the Dugway Digital Garrison app. I appealed to Facebook and they changed their mind.

At 3 I walked to the swap shop to unlock it. I visited with Jenni who agreed to mind it this afternoon. A lady arrived right as we opened. She had stuff to drop off and looked for more. I walked home, then drove to the gym and walked with Diane. Then I went to the library to get a book. I talked to Melissa about chickens since she lives next door and has dogs. After the 5pm playing of Retreat, I went home, ate some tomatoes, and read e-mail.

I went back to the swap shop at 7 to lock up. Jenni said it had been very busy and lots of stuff was taken. We chatted and locked the door. I went to the garden to water and fertilize. I laid a drip hose over the box, hoping that would help keep it moist even if I forget to water it one day. I planted some mint where a gopher had dug up dirt. I could not find a tunnel.

When I got home, I set some traps and flattened every mound I saw. I smoked a tunnel that was obvious. Too obvious? I made tea and filled a small bowl with blueberries and cherries. I cropped pictures until Chris was ready to watch. Then we saw the last three episodes of Cheers and the first one of Gomer Pyle. I worked on my blog post and read e-mail until after 11:30. I paused what I was listening to, and went to bed.

No comments: