Sunday, June 5, 2022

At least one person came

Saturday

It was not a good night. My ears were ringing loudly and I had to get up three times. Chris got up early. I stayed in bed until 7. My back hurt so I moved slowly. When I went into my sewing room, I discovered that my hot glue gun had been plugged in since yesterday. I forgot I was going to glue the mop head back onto the mop. So I did it and unplugged the gun. I posted the sewing class to Facebook. It should have been done 2 days ago. I watered the plants and worms. I turned on the dishwasher and washed all the dishes that wouldn't fit.

After reading e-mail, I made and ate breakfast. Chris said the colonel wanted to talk to me. I got my project stuff together, then Chris drove me to the colonel's house. The colonel's family was there. He asked me to mend his mask, and a pair of pants. Then his wife filled me in on how to care for their cats. We chatted for a while, then went home.

Chris put the sewing machines in my car. We each drove to the chapel. Tonja arrived at the same time. Chris carried the machines in, then left. She and I talked for some time, but no one else showed up. So I set up one machine for her to make the magnetic wristband. It did a bad job and then stopped working. We took the machine apart to find thread wrapped where no thread should be. We both worked at it, but mostly her. There was one piece left that we couldn't get. She put it back together, but one piece wasn't quite right. She used her machine to finish the job. We cleaned up and went home.

I had a bite to eat: fish with cayenne sauce. Then I went to the garden. I got a wheelbarrow from the garden shed. I shoveled two loads of dried cow manure into the box from yesterday. I watered it really well. I dug up the walkway and laid cardboard. As I dug, I spotted worms and put them in the box. I cleaned out the 5 gallon bucket and put young tumbleweed plants in it.

When I got home, I drank tea. Chris cooked asparagus, while I texted with Michelle. I was still eating when she arrived. I offered her the rest of the hibiscus tea and made more for me. I washed a bowl of grapes and we listened to her talk about the ball and donations, etc. Finally I indicated it was time and she wrapped it up.

I thought it was 9, but it was 9:30. I washed more grapes. I posted to my blog and we watched TV. Then Chris picked at what appeared to be a splinter in my finger. Afterward he concluded it was only a cut. I looked at it through the jewelers loupe and did not see a splinter.

We made the bed with clean sheets. Then we spent some time on our laptops before going to bed.

* Not a trace .... of doubt in my mind. *

No comments: