Saturday, June 4, 2022

Getting ready for tomorrow's project

Friday

I got up late, like after 8:30. I took some probiotics and niacinamide. I unpacked the Swansons box. I filled a container with all the packages of flax seed. But they didn't all fit so I made a batch of flax seed muffins. Then I watered the worms and the plants.

I needed special magnets for a sewing project tomorrow. After searching high and low, I found them in a drawer. I thought the hardest part was over. I tried to make a magnetic wristband by sewing a circle cut from a sleeve and turning it inside out. But it can't be done as a circle. Finally, I took the short seam out, inserted the magnet board into the tube and shoved one end into the other. Ok so far. I took the magnet board out so I could glue some stronger magnets to it. I jotted blog notes while I waited for the glue gun to heat up.

I checked Facebook. Saronna's husband had responded to my ad for goat cheese. So I called her and they were driving so we agreed to meet tomorrow. I made and ate breakfast while reading e-mail. I made a shopping list of foods low in oxalates, lectins and phytates.

I watched New World Next Week. They talked about Peachtree Corners, a planned city in the Atlanta area. I went to their website but it was too high tech for me to navigate it. I certainly would not want to live there, considering they are collecting data on everything (and probably everyone).

Chris went to the office and was back soon after one. He packed the cooler. We went to Tooele, listening to the book on CD. We shopped at Luckeys, then I walked to Melanies and quickly got a few things. Then we went to Cal Ranch. That was supposed to be a quick trip too, just a couple of bags of dirt and some plants. But when the sales clerk asked if we found everything, I mentioned the tomato teepees. She had seen them two days ago, so we went on a hunt, looking over and over again at the same three aisles. But no joy. I did not realize that the register was holding our order so no one else could check out at that register.

Finally we went to Macey's for a few last items and returned to post. I fell asleep in the car. We stopped at the post office to pick up the mail, then came home to unload groceries. I tried to nap in bed, but it just turned to rumination. So I got up. I checked my to-do list. Chris put fish in the oven for me. So instead of going to the garden, I stayed home and wrapped a box with chicken wire and loaded it in my car.

When the fish was done, I ate some and then went to the pool for water aerobics lead by Jenni. Mandy and her kids were there, too. We stayed until almost 8, vowing to turn the sauna on before we swim next time. I went to the garden to deliver the box and put some dead weeds in the bottom. I also checked the irrigation system. I went home changed into dry clothes. I posted to my blog, made tea, and we watched 5 episodes of Cheers, then went to bed early.

No comments: