Sunday, June 26, 2022

Oh spasm!

Saturday

I got up after 8:30. I brushed and swished. I got busy watering the plants. There was a live gopher caught in a trap, so I called Chris. I looked away as he dispatched it. I continued on my gopher rounds. Under one mound was a tunnel. I placed the wide trap in it.

As I was dispersing the dirt, my back spasmed. I knocked on the siding to get Chris' attention, but it didn't work. I pulled myself up on the window sill, very carefully. Then I inched my way to the back door and came inside. I could not sit. I put on some arnica cream, and a back brace. Chris got out the chillow for me. I watched a video on inflammation by Dr. Berg. One suggestion was 10,000IU D to 100mcg K2. I tried going for a walk, but my hip muscles burned, which told me that I wasn't walking properly. So I puttered around the house while Chris went to feed the cats and hang the clock in the chapel.

The more I puttered, the easier it was. Even sitting became possible in small doses. However I could not clean the company house and apartment like I had planned. I held the chillow to my back and tried different locations where I might lean against it. But everything was either too high or too low.

Michelle texted me things to try. I called Faye to see how her yard sale went. I made and ate breakfast. I went for another walk, making it all around the block. I planted two basil plants that we got at the grocery store. I found the elephant watering can! As usual, it was in a place I had checked several times before. I called Beverly and she told me about her husband having a stroke. Yikes!

I measured the tower garden, then sewed a tube of mosquito netting to go over it. I realized afterward that more ease would have been better. Then I mended the colonel's pants with a remnant of dress fabric. William called to talk about the yard sale.

Chris cooked three fish for me. Then he made rice. But before the rice was finished, Diane came over to walk (at my invitation). We walked a large loop, going from here to the rv park. When we got back, I told her about the goat cheese and she bought everything I had left (5oz).

I ate some rice with fish juice. I sat on a wooden stool and read some e-mail. I walked to the post office, but there was no mail. I looked into cooking tumbleweed, but I wasn't sure that what I picked was exactly what they were talking about. I listened to a video about ibonds. They guarantee a rate of return equal to the rate of inflation as assessed every 6 months. I posted to my blog for yesterday. I made tea and we watched TV. I was in almost constant motion because I couldn't get comfortable no matter where I sat or stood. It was kind of a relief when the episodes were over. I shut down my phone and computer and went to bed.

No comments: