Sunday, June 19, 2022

Kitchari

Saturday

I got up at 8. The weather was calm and sunny. It felt good. But as I did the usual things, the wind blew up again. I went to the company house and put the sheets in the washer. Then I went to the colonel's house to attend to the cats. I also had to move the garbage bins up to the garage to hopefully protect them from blowing away. The glass from the outdoor coffee table was on the lawn, unbroken. I put out cat food and water, and washed their bowls. I scooped the litter boxes, and scrubbed the oven. Then I sat for playtime. But only the orange cat wanted to play.

I went to the garden and watered the peonies and checked on my wind-burned plants. Sigh. Finally I went home. Chris gave me a coconut oil massage. I took a shower and got dressed. I went back to the company house to move the sheets to the dryer and put the towels in the washer.

When I got home, I looked in my cabinets for the ingredients for kitchari. It is supposed to be easy to digest and I needed that after last night I rinsed the rice and beans and put them on the stove to cook. But there was no time to eat.

I put cleaning stuff in my car. I went to clean the company house. Meredith was 15 minutes late. She started in the back with the bathrooms and I worked in the kitchen. We dressed the beds when the sheets were dry. I folded the towels and put them in the closet. At 1:30 I had to leave her to finish (sweeping and mopping) by herself. I went home, had a bite to eat, but the kitchari wasn't done. I ate an apple, then Chris helped me take my sewing machines to the chapel.

After he left, I set them up and unpacked the materials. Diane showed up and I helped her make a magnetic wrist band. We also chatted a lot. Then as she was leaving, Meredith arrived with her mother. She brought my mops which I put in my car. There was also a box of batting which I accepted. We chatted for some time in the parking lot, about raising chickens. Then I went back to the chapel to sweep all the dead moths out of the front entrance. I packed up my sewing machines and moved them to the car. Then I pulled weeds from the stone beds around the chapel. I didn't quite finish before my back told me to quit.

I came home and unlocked my trunk. Chris moved the sewing machines from the car to the front hall. I ate from the pot of kitchari. I checked e-mail. I watered some parts of the lawn. I filled in some gopher holes. Then I listened to the bonus part of episode 11 (replay). As it played, I wondered what I was going to make for snacks for after church.

I posted to my blog and made tea. We watched four episodes of The Bureau of Magical Things. I stayed up reading from a book. Then I put my laptop to sleep and went to bed.

No comments: