Wednesday, June 22, 2022

On the phone again

Tuesday

When I woke up, I checked and there were no mice in the bucket. The whey I put out was still there. The trap in the hole by the curb had a gopher in it. I watered the plants. I read e-mail until the temp warmed up, then went to the colonel's house. In his front yard, men were digging up the bushes along the driveway. I cared for the cats, and scrubbed at the oven. I found a cat toy on a pole, and played with the cats. Then I went to the garden. I added nitrogen, pulled weeds, watered the peony and went home. I dug up gopher mounds, and watered the holes. caught another gopher in the same trap. It didn't die right away.

I made and ate breakfast and read e-mail. Chris came home late for lunch. He had been to the post office and had a box of new phone and a package with a new sim card for the refurbished phone Chris inserted the sim card, then I used his phone to call the carrier, who said the refurbished phone should be just fine. He activated my phone, said to turn it off for a few minutes, and then back on. After the call, I tried to roll the phone numbers over to the new phone. Chris left. The phone said it wasn't activated. After looking at Youtube, I downloaded a vcard file to my laptop and moved it to the new phone, but not in the right folder.

I went to play with Saronna. She had her kids doing 'sibling time', which meant that the older ones watched the younger ones. We played out in the front yard. We probably did more talking than playing.

Afterward, I did not see Jenni or Diane at the school. I went home. I looked up how to get the sim card from my old phone to my new one. Then I did it. It fit perfectly, and it was already activated, which means I never had to go without phone service! I had to look up how to open files on my phone. I opened the vcard file and there were all my contacts!

Then it was 5 and the quilt guild in Huntsville started their meeting on Zoom. I watched until after 6, which is when the Dugway community meeting started. I signed out of Zoom and headed over. I sat with Chris and mostly listened. The discussion was about coming up with free activities for the community. Starting an FRG was mentioned. The CSM said it was usually run by the ranking commander's wife. Chris whispered in my ear “That would be you”. I shushed him. At the end, they set the next meeting for the third Tuesday in July. Great. Another conflict with the quilt guild. Sigh.

I chatted with people afterwards. Then Jenni and I went to our cars. I got in another conversation while Jenni went home to eat the pizza her husband picked up. Then we walked around the school block. By the time I got home it was 8:30. I ate some leftover stew beef. Michelle showed up with a dozen eggs. I paid her and she stayed to talk to Chris about stuff she is doing for the post.

When she left, I made tea. There was only time to watch one episode of Gomer Pyle. Then I posted to my blog. I intended to read from my ILL book, but started reading a really long article online, and went to bed when I finished it.

* From show-n-tell *

No comments: