Thursday, November 24, 2022

Finishing up the bass case

Tuesday

I got up soon after the 7:30 alarm. I brushed and swished, then ran hot water in the tub. I put in borax, washing soda, oxyclean and a Tide pod. Then I put the dark blue sheets in.

I made seed crackers. I worked on the bass case, machinesewing in black over the pink basting stitches. Some parts I could not get under my needle. Tonja texted me about unlocking the swap shop for Christina, so I walked down there and opened the door. I went to Housing and dropped off the Friendsgiving house key. Then I went to Jenni's house to get some food that she wanted me to have while she was gone. Michele helped me clean out the fridge. We moved a bunch of stuff outside and cleaned the shelves. I made and ate breakfast. Chris came home to make his lunch, but couldn't find the bread. It was outside.

After lunch, he took Michele to the commissary. When they got back, I helped Michele trim her kimono and set her up on my machine at the dining room table.

At 2, I took my trombone and the bass case to Saronna's house. She put Jonah (her string bass) in the case to see if it fit, and it did. She was very pleased, but I had a few small details that still needed addressing. We played Christmas music from a duet book. We picked some songs to play for the thing at church. Then her alarm went off, meaning she had to go get her kids from school.

On my way home, I locked the swap shop. At home, I drained the tub and put the sheets in the washer. Michele put on her shoes, and we went to the school to meet Diane and Michelle. The four of us walked around the school. Then Diane went back to work.

When I got hone, I put the sheets in the dryer. I read articles, then brought in the rest of the food before it could freeze. I worked on my blog. Then Chris came home from work, He and Michele worked to make supper in the kitchen. They ate while watching a movie called Zoro the Gay Blade. I made a salad and joined them. After the movie, food got put away, then we all sat in the diningroom and conversed. I handstitched both ends of the bass zipper.

John and Michele went to bed. I drank tea and took melatonin. I listened to a podcast while playing Solitaire until I got the last victory image. I jotted notes for my blog and went to bed.

No comments: