Monday, November 28, 2022

Finally chose a freezer

Sunday

I woke up around 8, having slept pretty well. I brushed and swished. Michele asked me for advice on the kimono she made. I looked into brands of freezers made in America. Some brands are made in America by Chinese-owned companies. Chris had questions about updating my character sheet to level 2. I did not have good answers.

Jamie wanted to take her niece to the swap shop so I went down to unlock it. I also left two boxes while I was there. When I got back, I looked at foot pedals, trying to replace the burnt out electronic one with a rheostat one. Electronic ones run $50. Chris wasn't sure they were interchangeable, so I found a used one on Ebay for $20.

Back to freezers: so many choices, prices, sizes to choose from.

I made and ate breakfast, then got dressed for church. I took cheese squares as a snack. When I got to the chapel, I laid down the cheese, set up my trombone and chatted with Saronna. Jenni came. I sat down and the service started. After the sermon about Jesus' first coming vs his second coming, Saronna and I played for the hymns. Then I chatted with Jenni, and then Randy. He said he could deliver and install a freezer if I bought it from Home Depot. He also advised getting a larger freezer because it will have a better compressor. I gave them a taste of the peanut butter fudge. Then I went home, stopping at the swap shop to lock it. When I got back, I continued looking at freezers.

LAter Michelle called to ask to be let into the chapel to re-decorate the tree. So I did and I gave her some peanutbutter fudge. I came back and tried to finalize a freezer purchase from Home Depot, by looking for a coupon. But none of them seemed to work. Finally I just bought at the regular price. If only buying a freezer was as easy as buying a foot pedal.

At 5 we sat down at our respective laptops to play the DnD game. I had a problem hearing John, Chris and Michele because their voices were coming through my computer and through the air, and there was a tiny time delay. Chris was able to mute on my laptop and that was better. In today's episode we explored the ruins of the old prison. We fought a disemboidied sword and struggled to open doors. We were beset by ghosts. But when we signed off, we were all still alive.

I started reading my ignored e-mail. Then Chris and I watched an episode of The Librarians. Later we stayed up late on our laptops, then went to bed.

No comments: