Friday, November 25, 2022

Thanksgiving

Thursday

I woke up before the alarm went off. Chris snuggled over and started getting frisky. But then his phone rang and the colonel said to meet him at the gym. So he put on workout clothes and left.

I got up later. Michele was in the kitchen. I watered the plants. I tried to close the vent louvers that were blowing on my tower garden, but I couldn't reach it even with a step stool. Neither could Michele. I read some e-mail, then told Michele we had to get ready for Turkey Trot. She got John up and they got dressed. Chris came back from the gym just long enough to pick us up for the Trot.

Around 20 people showed up. We chatted for a bit, then the CSM said a few words and Chris said a few words, and we all headed out, walking around the school block 3 times. I walked with various people at various times. At the end of the third round, we stopped at the school to meet the others. The colonel invited everyone up to his hill to look at the stars at 6:30.

When we got home, Chris and Michele put the turkey in the oven and worked on side dishes. I finished off the pineapple. Chris boiled the turkey innards and I ate them. I listened to The Highwire: autistic brains have more aluminum than alzheimer's brains. Humans never came in contact with aluminum before we started mining it and now it's everywhere. It affects Housekeeping cells in autistic brains vs the neurons in brains with alzheimers. There are no human studies of aluminum levels for safety.

I posted to my blog for Tuesday. The CSM posted to Facebook looking for someone going to town. Turns out she needed sweet potatoes and we had extra. So she came by and picked them up.

The turkey finished early. So we sat down to eat about 4:30. We had rolls and sweet potato casserole, and squash, and stuffing. No cranberry sauce.

After we ate, we bundled up warmly and went up on the hill where the colonel doused the lights to see the night sky. Michelle came with pots of hot chocolate and her husband brought binoculars and telescopes. He was very knowledgeable. But it got really cold and most people left before he got the biggest one set up. Even Chris, Michele and John left. But I stayed, first standing back-to-back with Michelle for warmth, then sitting in her car with the kids, playing word games. Finally Casey packed up and they took me home.

Chris and Michele were watching some boring Zoro movie. The pies had not been touched. So I got on my laptop to listen to James Corbett talk about gratitude. I also texted with Michelle and Silvia. Chris put dishes in the dishwasher while I mopped the floor. I worked on Wednesday's blog post.

I made tea and we watched one episode of The Librarians. He went to bed and I stayed up to read. I hit the hay before midnight.

No comments: