Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Integrating routine and company

Monday

I got up soon after the 7:30 alarm. Michele and John were already up and making oatmeal for breakfast. I made cheese squares and they each had some.

I read my book by the HappyLight. I did not intend to spend all morning, or to finish it, but that's what ended up happening. So then I invited Michele to go with me to the library. John was taking a shower, so we went without him.

It did not take me long to find the next book in the series, but I introduced Michele to Melissa and we had a chat. Michele wore her regency dress and half-jacket that she'd made. When we got back, John said he was uncomfortable coming out of the shower to find everyone was gone and he had no way to contact them. (Michele had left her phone behind). Oops.

I made breakfast and they ate cheesy potatoes for lunch. I kept getting interrupted by phone calls. Finally the man who needed his house cleaned called. He said the movers arrived at the gate 45 minutes ago, but seemed in no hurry to go get them.

At 3:25 we all put on our walking shoes. We met Diane at the gym, but walked around the neighborhood. We had a nice chat and she seemed interested in Michele's sewing prowess. Then John wanted to go to the library so we swung by there. He picked out several books on paper and on CD. Melissa checked them out on my account.

When we got back, I listened to “Died Suddenly” and played Solitaire. Then I made a large salad for Michele and John. Chris was stuck in a meeting so I ran to the commissary for him. When I got home, I fixed a salad for myself. Michele came and fixed her salad. I got online, then Chris came home after a very long meeting with Dark Skies.

I ate some seed crackers while reading articles. Then I worked on my blog. The others were watching Buckaroo Bonzai, so I sat by them and basted a zipper in Saronna's bass case with bright pink thread.

When it was over, John and Michele went in the back. I made tea and waited for Chris. Then we watched one episode of The Librarians. Afterward, I read articles and then went to bed.

No comments: