Thursday, November 24, 2022

Running around, here and there

Wednesday

I got up when the first alarm went off. I brushed and swished. I prepared for coffee morning. Michele and John either slept in or stayed in their room. I exercised, meditated, tapped, etc. By then they were up. I cleaned the bathrooms and then the kitchen. I made more spice mix. Chris came home a little early to make his lunch. He made a large pitcher of tea and then went to the commissary for drinks for John and Michele.

After vacuuming, I took my shower, then got dressed. I turned on my phone to see what messages came in. Michele was asking about songs for the Christmas program. I read articles and listened to short videos through links in e-mail. I explored some online sales.

I went walking with Diane at 3:30. No one else showed up so we were done early. I tried to put the phone holder on the vent in my car, but it wouldn't grasp firmly because the molding around it came out too far. Sigh.

I read e-mail, thinking that soon Michelle would be back and we would be working out. But she kept texting that traffic was holding her up. I thought Heather was going to text me about going to the swap shop. Finally at 5:30, Michelle was back. I met her at the gym and she had me work out on different machines than the ones I usually use.

Afterward, we were talking with the staff at the window, and I asked if the shirt issue had been resolved. She said no, because the extra box of shirts only held 6 or 8 and they were not the sizes people had ordered. There were other concerns as well and I tried to convince them that they needed to write it down or talk directly to the garrison manager. They seemed reluctant and afraid of reprisal so I called Chris and asked him to come to the gym so they could explain their issues to him. He basically said not to tell him directly, but to talk to the investigator that he just assigned to the issues I had told him about. They had some questions that he didn't want to talk about in front of Michelle and me, so we went in the gymnasium to give them some privacy.

When they were done, we all went to my house. Chris fished out a wine bottle opener which I gave to Michelle, and she took it to the chaplain's house because they had requested one. Then he and Michele made pies. I helped a little, by heating the Karo bottles so they would pour.

Then I saw a message from Heather, so I ran to unlock the swap shop. I texted Saronna to see if I could deliver her bass case. She said yes. As I was putting on my coat, Chris exclaimed that he forgot to get whipping cream. It was 7 minutes of 8, which is when the commissary closes. So I went there first.

They were closing up the store. The man showed me where it was, and I picked up a nice-sized poinsettia, too. I paid with a minute to spare, then went over to Saronna's house and gave her the finished case. Her husband invited me to participate in archery lessons he will be giving in the spring.

When I got home, I gave Chris the cream. The four of us sat down to watch The Last Starfighter. We paused it several times to check on the pies. There were four: one pecan and three pumpkin. He said it took three shells to contain the filling from the recipe.

After the movie, I made tea and Chris and I watched one episode of The Librarians. I got on my computer for a little bit, then went to bed, thinking I had posted to my blog.

No comments: