Monday, November 21, 2022

Visitors from Virginia

Sunday

I got up and brushed and swished. Chris showered and went to the airport. I got a call from the police. The man came over to get my info because the swap shop was unlocked. I told him that I left it that way so someone could drop off stuff.

I cleaned up here and there around the house. I made muffins. I made and ate breakfast. Chris came back with John and Michele. We talked for a bit. I put on my church clothes and went to the chapel.

I put down the muffins in the back. I got out my trombone and put it together. Just as I was felling like the only congregant, Simon and Diane came, then Michelle and Casey. A pianist came with her husband.

We sat through the praise songs, and the sermon. Then she went to the piano and we tried to play her selections, but she had different hymn numbers. So we ended up taking suggestions. It went ok. We spoke afterward and I thanked her for coming. I told her she could come play any time.

I went home. I changed my clothes. Chris was working on twice-baked potatoes. I ate some nuts and fruits. Michele showed me a Japanese robe that she was working on and needed to serge some edges.

At 5, we all signed into Discord for the game. At first we had trouble with the sound. Some people's voices were coming through, and some weren't. Finally we got that sorted out and John ran the game. The three hours went by quickly as we went to the tavern, interviewed a historian, the sheriff, the apothecariest, etc. Nobody seemed to know much. OR they just weren't telling?

After the game, we changed the sheets on the bed so I can boil the other ones. John and Michele went to bed. I worked on my blog, then we watched TV. I nearly fell asleep during the second episode, so we just went to bed. Then I heard John and Michele waling around, so I guess they didn't go to sleep after all.

No comments: