Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Stocking up on stamps

Tuesday

I got up around 7:30, having slept just ok. I ran out of melatonin several nights ago. I composed and sent an e-mail, then turned on the HappyLight, intending to read for half an hour. But it was actually more than an hour. Then I went to the post office to mail a check. While I was there, I heard a lady ask for holiday stamps and the postmaster told her he couldn't get any until he sold most of his inventory of regular stamps. He checked and saw he had to sell $300 worth, so I bought $96 worth, then went home and posted to the Dugway page that the price is going up in January and people should stock up now.

I put a tall mirror behind the tower garden so it would get more light. I made and ate breakfast. Chris came home for lunch. I listened to Dr. Jane's interview. I looked at the base case to see what condition it was in. It needed a seam mended and a new zipper.

At 2 I took my trombone and went to Saronna's house. They were all feeling better except for her husband. He went in the back and we played through Christmas songs, marking each one with an x or a checkmark.

She went to get her kids after school, so I went to Headquarters to talk to Revonna, but she wasn't at her desk. Then I went to the library to get the next season of I Dream of Jeannie. From there, I went to the CDC to inquire about the tree lighting ceremony, but she wasn't in either. Finally I went to the gym and walked with Tonja. Michelle joined us for the last few laps.

I went home, stopping by the swap shop to lock it. I put some cheese in a jar for Michelle. I made and ate a salad. I joined Zoom to watch the quilt guild meeting. But I had to leave it early to go to the Town Hall. Michelle had made treats, but they had sugar. I went inside and sat by Jenni. Immediately, the meeting started. Each department head had something to say and then they opened it for questions. I did my share of asking questions and making comments.

We took a short break, and then there was a meeting about unexploded ordinance cleanup next to the base. It was long and complicated, but the upshot was that they would take 2-3 years to collect data and then decided how to remediate it. Most people did not stay for the meeting.

So I talked to a few people, then went home, leaving Chris talking to other folks. I made tea and practiced. Then we watched two episodes of The Librarians. I tried to catch up on Propaganda Exposed, but it got too late and I went to bed.

No comments: