Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Pineapple goat cheese

Tuesday

I did not sleep well due to hot flashes. Chris did not get called in the middle of the night. I heard him get ready for work at the usual time.

I got up about 8. I brushed and swished and got dressed. I puttered in the kitchen, then sat at my laptop. Because today is Giving Tuesday, I made a list of organizations that I have already given to this year, and looked in my e-mail for others that do things I would like to support. I got distracted a few times by e-mails from places that were extending their cyber Monday deals. I got a text from the lady selling the side of beef. She wanted to know which organs and cuts I wanted. So I had to check into that, not knowing what to ask for.

At noon I made and ate breakfast. Chris did not come home for lunch. At two I brushed the snow off my car and went to Saronna's house. We spent way too much time talking and not enough playing. She knows something about cuts of beef. She said her mother bought a side of beef and had the whole thing made into hamburger.

I got home around 3. Diane e-mailed about walking. Michele put on walking clothes. I jotted notes until time to go. Michele went with me. Tonja was there, so the four of us walked around the track for over 30 minutes. Then Diane left and Jamie called me. I talked to her for a bit, then drove home with Michele, still talking.

I went back to reading, then decided to go to the commissary for a pineapple. I heated the goat milk and, when it was ready to curdle, threw in blended up pineapple slush. The milk curdled immediately. Then I strained the curds out, first the big ones, then the little ones. I tasted the cheese and it was not sweet. When Chris got home, he tasted it, and said it was too acidic. So I threw in some baking soda and that helped, along with a bit of salt.

Jenni came over to meet Michele. She spent more time talking to me, but it was nice that those two did meet. She also met John briefly. I thanked her for the food she had me take from her fridge.

I cleaned up a little, then worked on my blog. I made tea. Michele and John went in the back, so Chris and I watched an episode of Pickard. I retired to my laptop to catch up on e-mail, then went to bed.

No comments: