Monday, November 28, 2022

Playing Dominoes

Saturday

I got up before 8. I read my book beside the HappyLight for over half an hour. Then I looked at freezers online, trying to find a better one for not too much more than the WalMart one.

Chris wanted to go to Tooele early, so I made and ate breakfast and he got the cooler ready. Michele went with us. We conversed instead of listening to the book on CD, so I did not fall asleep.

It took the usual hour to get to the grocery store. We shopped at the usual places plus Joanns. I needed some stuff for the next classes and there was a really long and slow checkout line.

Afterward, we drove back to the base, stopping at the post office for the mail. After putting the food away, I read articles, then resumed looking at freezers.

I stopped to made peanutbutter fudge. It took some time and it was messy. I did not have enough baking chocolate, so I added ground up cacao nibs. Then, I put the mixture into chocolate molds to harden. I turned on the oven and whipped up cheese sticks. But I read the time and temp from the recipe below it, almost burning it. When it came out of the oven, I cut some edges off and ate them. Then Michele came in and ate some.

I had a few minutes to search for freezers again, then we all went to Michelle's house for supper, and to play dominoes. We had a good time. She sold me a jar of goat milk and gave me two gallons of vinegar. Also, we brought the foot pedal that stopped working and Casey opened it up. With a multi-meter, he was able to diagnosed it as fried. It was not the simple rheostat that I was expecting.

We got back home after 9. I practiced a bit, then made tea. Chris and I watched one episode of The Librarians, a DnD version. Afterward, I worked on my blog and Chris went to bed.

No comments: