Thursday, February 2, 2023

A wider zipper won't help

Wednesday

I woke up early, hearing Chris take his shower. I stayed in bed until after he left. I got up to start coffee morning. I started with the new supplement. I also watered the plants. I did the exercises, etc. After tapping and meditating, I started cleaning the bathrooms. Chris came home from work for lunch. CJ came by with a dozen eggs. I cleaned the kitchen and washed dishes. Chris filled my car with gas, then went back to work.

I took a shower. I looked for what little makeup I have in preparation for the 'awards ceremony', and tried it on. I turned on my phone to check messages, I also checked messages on my laptop. Then I went to the previous apartment. I met the inspectors, and let them in. They looked around, took note of the appliance numbers. I told them what I found needed fixing, then signed the papers.

Then I went to the gym, hoping to get in an early workout. But Tiffany was there with her dress for the awards ceremony. She thought it needed a new zipper, but the problem was that there wasn't enough fabric to go around her rib cage. I had brought some zippers to try, but a wider zipper tape wasn't going to do it. We talked about other options. I told her to bring the larger size tomorrow and I would bring a dress I made but didn't wear.

Then it was time to walk. Michelle and I joined Jenni who was already walking. We talked about Pastor Chris coming on Sunday as Michelle's guest. They thought it was a good idea, but I was pretty sure my Chris wouldn't like it.

After Jenni left, Michelle and I went to work out. She had me change my routine a little. We discussed going to Salt Lake City to get our hair done before the 'awards ceremony'. Basically it is a Dugway Ball, but to get funds, we have to make it an awards ceremony.

She and I talked outside the gym until almost 5. Then I jumped in my car to go home before the music sounded. I picked up the key to my most recent apartment, and headed over. I put vinegar-soaked towels in the toilet and then worked in the kitchen. More of those #$%^ grease spots on the walls and floors! I cleaned behind the stove and the fridge and pushed them back in place. I scrubbed parts of the walls and doors, then went home.

I expected Chris to be home from Mass, but he wasn't. I read e-mail and listened to an episode from a summit series. It was after 8:30 when he got home. He had a bag of stuff from the commander for the swap shop. I told him what Michelle told me and he said it is illegal for someone to provide services to the federal government without compensation. Sigh. Unless the wife of the garrison manager does it, then it's ok.

He changed clothes and made his supper. I worked on my blog and made tea. Then we watched SG1. Chris went to bed, and I stayed up to finish listening to an episode.

No comments: