Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Valentine's Dinner at the club

Tuesday

I got up about 8:30, having not been as awake as yesterday. I did the usual first stuff, then made up three days of new supplements. I sat down to read and listen to tappings, binaural beats, etc. I reset the gopher trap in the compost pile.

Michelle called and wanted me to go to the Ditto Diner and hand out chocolates for Valentine's Day. I couldn't talk her out of it, so I dressed up a little and did some tapping until she arrived.

I followed her to the Ditto Diner. It seemed oddly quiet at 11:15. We set up a whiteboard saying we were residents thanking the workforce. We sat there for almost an hour, chatting on and off. Michelle handed out chocolates with a note to those who came in.

At noon, we packed up and headed back to English Village, which is where the housing is. I went home and made breakfast. I listened to a podcast as I ate. Over 1000 trains derailed last year, most of them carrying hazardous materials. People who derail them using shunts, are usually not caught or are lightly punished. At 2, I took my trombone to Saronna's house. Her kids were back at school. We played some songs and some hymns. Veronica came by with a bag of something. I thanked her for being willing to pass out chocolates at 6am with Michelle at the front gate. Then we played some more and I went home.

I had a few minutes, then took Parasmart, and got ready to walk. I picked up Tonja and we went to the gym. Michelle and Jenni met us. We talked to the staff. They handed out bottles of perfume. I didn't take one because scented things don't agree with me. Then we walked the track. Jenni left early. Later the rest of us went to the command building to pass out more chocolates. Michelle was bound and determined to get rid of her chocolates.

Our last stop was Chris' office. We talked to his assistant for some time. Finally Michelle had to leave. Later Chris stopped by. Then we wrapped it up and went out the front door. I took Tonja home. She had ginger chews and tea to share, but they both had sugar as the first ingredient.

I went to my side of the housing area, and picked up some stones from behind a house that had been torn down. I dropped them off at Ravonna's house, then went home. Chris was waiting at his laptop. I checked the trap in the compost and it had done it's job. I couldn't pull it up, but Chris went out there and got it out of the hole. He said the dead gopher looked well-fed. I put on some make-up and combed my hair. In a few minutes, we headed to the Community Club.

We arrived at our seating time of 6:15, but the 5:30 seating hadn't finished yet. So we walked around and talked to people coming out. Finally we went back in and stood there. We chatted with someone, then were guided to a table right in front of 'Doug', the alien. He was behind a red cloth, hung for that purpose. It was a little drafty. There were spots of light scattered around the room.

Chris poured us some water. The lady asked what drinks we wanted, then remembered to get us a drink menu. When she came to ask how we wanted our steak cooked, I had to remind her of the drinks. A man brought us our meals: steak and shrimp, baked potato and broccoli. He said condiments were coming, but they didn't and I had to ask for them. Waitressing was not her day job, but at least she was well dressed.

Anyway, we enjoyed our meal. It was very tasty. The lady asked what dessert we wanted even before we had made dents in our meals. When we had finished, Chris got his dessert in a to-go box. Jamie came over to give me a hug and we chatted. I talked to Tonja on the way out and Chris chatted with people at another table. Then we took our leftovers and went home.

When we got home, we changed clothes. I worked on my blog and started watching Vrevealed. Then I made tea and we watched episodes of SG1. Later he went to bed, and I stayed up to finish Vrevealed. Then I got ready for bed, doing stretches and a few pelvic floor exercises.

** This isn't exactly what it looked like, but I forgot to take a picture. **

No comments: