Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Cleaning the office

Monday

I woke up in the middle of the night. Probably during the liver's repair phase. I couldn't go back to sleep for some time, then I drifted off and slept deeply until 8. Sunlight was streaming into my room and I got up without resisting the cooler air.

I did all the usual things. I clipped the basil, which seems to be wilting now that it is planted in the tower garden. But it isn't dry. I put the stems in water to root. I threw out one of the sugar cane pieces that looked completely dead.

I got online and saw a message from Saronna that she was accepting my offer to use my nebulizer for her two sick kids. So I took it and a bottle of nanosilver over there. The kids were watching TV. We had a nice chat, then I went home again. I swabbed out my ears with hydrogen peroxide just in case I picked up any germs. She really needed her own nebulizer so I looked at nebulizers for sale. I ordered one and an aerosol mask to go with it.

Then it was time for breakfast, so I made that, thinking Chris would be home for lunch any time. I ate while listening to something. I also ate seed crackers and fruit. I got a call about doing a simple clean on a kitchen and bathroom. I agreed to meet the occupant after work.

At 3:15, I took Parasmart and got ready. I drove over to Tonja's house to pick her up for walking. We met Michelle at the gym and walked for the usual half hour. Michelle asked me to help her pass out chocolates at the front gate tomorrow at 6. I told her she had the wrong person. But she called around and was able to find someone to agree. Then Michelle went to talk to the staff and I talked to Tonja for a bit before we went down. Michelle met us there.

She wanted to go to the swap shop to look for a whiteboard to make a sign for tomorrow morning. So the three of us went. We found two bags of stuff someone left outside the swap shop door and brought it in. Michelle got the whiteboard and we left. I took Tonja home.

I almost sat down at my laptop when I remembered Chris' office being dusty. So I took some microfiber cloths and went over there. I dusted the book shelves and the sides of his desk and the chairs and couch. I cleaned the countertop and the sink and faucet. I asked if he wanted me to vacuum and he said no because he wanted his boss to see the effects of cutting back on custodial services. REALLY? NOW he tells me?!

We went home and I sat down for just a few minutes, then got up and went to Steve's apartment. We talked about what he wanted cleaned in the kitchen and bathroom while he was gone. He gave me a key and we chatted. Then I went home.

Chris was making supper so I put something in the microwave for me. I also made a salad and minced fresh garlic. While I ate, I read e-mail. Later I worked on my blog. I made tea, and we watched episodes of SG1. Later Chris went to bed, and I stayed up till 11 to take the third dose of Parasmart, then got ready for bed.

No comments: